Dispatch #53 just transmitted

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hello to everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Dispatches from the Bunker #53 pdf issue was just transmitted to all my current subscribers, if you did not get a copy or think you should have, send me an e-mail at aslbunker@aol.com I will answer anyone who replies there by tomorrow morning. If interested in a new subscription or back issues, you can also see complete details in my Monthly Update in the ASL Emporium link here at the ASL Forums.

The new Dispatch #53 has 4 new scenarios for your ASL pleasure along with another great article on Concealment from Carl Nogueira and all the usual, regional ASL news and tourney stuff.

So if needed, again e-mail me, do NOT PM me here.

Thanks again for everyone's interest, support and consideration, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello to everyone, I just wanted to let you know that Dispatches from the Bunker #53 pdf issue was just transmitted to all my current subscribers, if you did not get a copy or think you should have, send me an e-mail at aslbunker@aol.com I will answer anyone who replies there by tomorrow morning. If interested in a new subscription or back issues, you can also see complete details in my Monthly Update in the ASL Emporium link here at the ASL Forums.

The new Dispatch #53 has 4 new scenarios for your ASL pleasure along with another great article on Concealment from Carl Nogueira and all the usual, regional ASL news and tourney stuff.

So if needed, again e-mail me, do NOT PM me here.

Thanks again for everyone's interest, support and consideration, your ASL Comrade, Vic.
Thats a SERIOUSLY cool 3 player scenario by Tom Morin!!

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Love that article by Nogueira as well. Learned key details about Mopping Up & differences in random selections between Sniper attacks and CH’s. Amazing work guys!
Agreed...I devoured the article yesterday. I'm giving it second reading today!

The scenarios look great as well.

IMHO, Dispatches gives some of (perhaps the best) value for your money in ASL.

If you are reading this and haven't seen it, get a one year subscription...you will not be disappointed.

indy

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Thats a SERIOUSLY cool 3 player scenario by Tom Morin!!
Sorry for the tardy reply, I just finally, more or less got caught up with all the newsletter business and questions the release of Dispatch #53 let loose. Thanks Jackson, that is a fine addition to 3 way scenarios we have, those that were actually designed as a 3 way are few and far between so was thrilled when Tom came up with this one. Awesome job there Tom, and when I playtested it I felt fine playing any of the 3 sides, though the Americans control the tempo as they try to exit for victory, between 2 angry, enemy Chinese groups that also hate each other! Makes for a wonderful melee of a scenario.

Enjoy #53 my friend, already looking forward to #54 and looking at some new places for PTO mayhem, Thanks, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Love that article by Nogueira as well. Learned key details about Mopping Up & differences in random selections between Sniper attacks and CH’s. Amazing work guys!
Carl is awesome and so has the greater good of this hobby at heart, always trying to help others play a better game of ASL. I read his stuff religiously! Can't wait to see what we get into the next issue from him, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Agreed...I devoured the article yesterday. I'm giving it second reading today!

The scenarios look great as well.

IMHO, Dispatches gives some of (perhaps the best) value for your money in ASL.

If you are reading this and haven't seen it, get a one year subscription...you will not be disappointed.

indy
Yeah, we maybe just a pdf product but you do seem to get some real bang for your buck with what we offer,
I am pleased at all the positive feedback I have already seen about #53, we must be doing something right. :)

Thanks so much for the kind words, much appreciated, Vic.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Nice issue, thanks Vic.

In honour of the 3 player scenario, I added a search on the advanced search page on the archive to allow for player count to be added to the search criteria. The "3 player" scenario list looks a bit long, so there might be some mistakes in there - I've never bothered to add the ability for people to change the player count - seems like it wouldn't really get used that often, so if anyone does spot a scenario with the wrong player count in there, just let me know.

Cheers!

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Nice issue, thanks Vic.

In honour of the 3 player scenario, I added a search on the advanced search page on the archive to allow for player count to be added to the search criteria. The "3 player" scenario list looks a bit long, so there might be some mistakes in there - I've never bothered to add the ability for people to change the player count - seems like it wouldn't really get used that often, so if anyone does spot a scenario with the wrong player count in there, just let me know.

Cheers!
I wonder if a few of the scenarios there that say are 3 way but were actually designed as normal, 2 player scenarios that can be easily divided up for 3 or more players? Tom specifically designed One Wars End as 3 player as presented in the newsletter, and boy, was that playtest fun, what a melee of a scenario it turns into! Enjoy, Vic.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if a few of the scenarios there that say are 3 way but were actually designed as normal, 2 player scenarios that can be easily divided up for 3 or more players? Tom specifically designed One Wars End as 3 player as presented in the newsletter, and boy, was that playtest fun, what a melee of a scenario it turns into! Enjoy, Vic.
I just soloed AP184 (The Order Of War), which should work wonderfully three-player (Ami, NK, and SK).

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
If there is any subscriber who is still missing Issue #53, please e-mail me directly at:

aslbunker@aol.com

And I'll check it out and get the issue out ASAP.

Thanks again for your interest and support, your ASL Comrade, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi People, I just got a couple PayPal payments from players who want the pdf newsletter BUT
PayPal no longer put their e-mails in automatically, you must put it in a memo line. If you don't,
I have no where to send the issues.

So Please, if sending a payment for Dispatches, always include your e-mail in a memo line with
the payment. Sorry for taking up some of your time but this is important to know for my
subscribers. Thanks again and roll low, Vic.