Dispatch #47 transmitted today!

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
  • Exit quickly? Germans need to keep an unbroken MMC in a building or rubble location west of row 1aN
No they don't. The US win by not giving 19 CVP, and clearing some hexes of unbroken MMC, and interrogating a German unit. They need all three conditions - hence, the Germans need only fulfill one condition to not lose, i.e. win.

Thus, the US absolutely need to prevent the "early exit" strategy, because they cannot win without taking a prisoner.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No they don't. The US win by not giving 19 CVP, and clearing some hexes of unbroken MMC, and interrogating a German unit. They need all three conditions - hence, the Germans need only fulfill one condition to not lose, i.e. win.

Thus, the US absolutely need to prevent the "early exit" strategy, because they cannot win without taking a prisoner.
The one squad at the graveyard need to be able to get out and that’s tough. If it can’t get out and got captured, the Germans can’t use the exit strategy.

ozradio

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a sample issue of this newsletter available? I've read so many good things about it but have not been able to browse a back issue to see exactly what it looks like.
Ryan

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Is there a sample issue of this newsletter available? I've read so many good things about it but have not been able to browse a back issue to see exactly what it looks like.
Ryan
It is similar to other old school ASL fanzines about usual club activity and tournaments plus includes usually one good article and four scenarios. You can see sections of it here: http://www.desperationmorale.com/products/dispatches-from-the-bunker/

Pound for pound a great ASL purchase for the price.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
I've only had a look at the first scenario (Fausts at Wethen), and at first sight, it seems to have a major flaw. To win, the US must Interrogate a German unit, which means they must capture one. If the Germans manage to avoid being taken prisoners, they win even without a fight. They could do this just by exiting all their units quickly - and the only thing preventing this is the setup rule that forces them to have at least one squad in the graveyard.

Even without a "run like hell" gambit, all the Germans have to do to avoid losing is to avoid getting taken prisoners. So, is the plan to have them encircle every unit before breaking it, or something like this?

I'm not sure the scenario is that easy to win for the Germans - they have a dreadfully small OB, and mostly Conscripts - but does this really make for a fun ASL scenario?
Hi Phillippe, this never came up in playtesting and considering the MFs available to the German and the mobility of the USA vehicles,
unlikely the 'run like hell' gambit would work. Look for those panzerfausts and the schrek, they are key to a win, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States

I can tell you when I was involved there were ALWAYS disrupted German MMCs being gathered up as prisoners.
The tough part was the CVP cap of 19, hard to avoid but not impossible. I will get the Germans can't exit into the
next eratta box for sure, sorry this got missed, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Ryan
Hi Ryan, e-mail me at: aslbunker@aol.com and I'll let you know how to get a 4 issue subscription.

Very good value for the money, dirt cheap in this hobby, Vic.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States