Dispatch #46 needs playtest volunteers

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Hi guys, hope you are surviving this winter OK.

I have 2 scenarios coming out in #46 featuring the MAUS. :)

First I'm reviving the Mighty MAUS with some tweaks as it was trending pro-German on ROAR. That will be a free 'Bonus' scenario and is what it is, a late war, kitchen sink, Armageddon fantasy of a scenario that was originally designed as complete fun, but obviously devoid of any reality. That one does not need testing and is what it is.

Tom Morin has had access to much better research material than I had 20+ years ago and dug into what really happened in the area near the proving grounds where the MAUS vehicles here kept. He came up with 3 scenarios, with Gut Punch showing the real action as the Russians broke into the proving grounds, Beasts at Baruth showing the ill fated attempt to rail the heavy German armor there to stem the Russian onslaught and finally, Road to Destruction, which is the best Tom could come up with as it was clear the MAUS vehicles were sent East to block Soviet spearheads rushing westward. One MAUS actually got into combat and suffered the fate shown in the scenario picture, exactly how is still up for debate but Tom came up with a nice representation of what might have happened. The final action is a PTO affair with Anzacs attacking a Japanese defense line near Gona.

So we have Gut Punch (at the proving grounds), Road to Destruction (featuring the MAUS) and A Hard Rains Gona Fall (PTO) ready for playtest. Anyone who gives any of these a try and submits a report earns a free copy of Dispatch #46 or has an issue added to their subscription. I'll need feedback within a month.

Please do NOT PM me here at GameSquad, if interested e-mail me directly at:

aslbunker@aol.com

I'll be looking to get Beasts at Baruth tested early next months after it gets a final look in-house.
So let me know if you want to get in on the action and which one you want to try.

Thanks in advance for your help and Enjoy! Vic.