Dismantling and Concealment

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
As per the Concealment Loss/Gain table, SW repair attempt is not a Concealment Loss activity. But what about dismantling a SW? Is that treated the same way?

Thanks

pryoung

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd think an argument could be made that dismantling a SW would fall under the "engages in any other action" clause in Case C of the Concealment table, since it is not specifically excepted, and thus would cause "?" loss. That's as close to a rules citation as I can come. However, I admit it doesn't make sense for that to be the case when repairing a weapon isn't a "?" loss activity. Anyone else?

Pete

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
pryoung said:
However, I admit it doesn't make sense for that to be the case when repairing a weapon isn't a "?" loss activity.
As with many ASL rules, it does not make sense, but (dis)mantaling is a ? loss activity for the very reasons you state.

FrankH.

Reaction score
pryoung said:
However, I admit it doesn't make sense for that to be the case when repairing a weapon isn't a "?" loss activity. Anyone else?

Pete
Not a comment on the rule interpretation but rather the possible concept or justification behind the rule.

Repairing a SW may encompase in the local resupply of ammunition or the preparation of a replacement barrel without its actual replacement. Or allowing a MG to cool down or removing a jam. These could be done fairly quietly.

Significant assembly or disassembly for the purpose of ease of movement apparently makes more noise.

Have I personally done the above? No.

Frank H.