disgusted and fed up with direction of ASL

bis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have become completely disgusted with the decisions being made by the producers of ASL. From the constant BS from Critical Hit to the reprint decisions at BFP (ITR2) to MMPs decisions to include Dinant with CdG and now not to update the Red Barricades map but to include overlays instead. I've had enough. I just canceled my Red Factories order.

The amount of errata the comes out in this hobby to things like Academy games issuing a second edition of an $80.00 game I just bought leaves me feeling that this hobby is no longer for me.

I've had enough.

Good luck to the rest of you but my hobby dollars are going elsewhere.

Westy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Never say never.
And never make a decision when you are angry. (If at all possible)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dude, MMP has RO on separate pre order. Dinant will most likely be a separate but special pre order. CH? Well they are what they are and theres not much we can or want to do about them. Anyway, chill out and I'm sure MMP has and will usually do the right thing. They are the good guys after all.

Scott

I have become completely disgusted with the decisions being made by the producers of ASL.
From the constant BS from Critical Hit to the reprint decisions at BFP (ITR2) to MMPs
decisions to include Dinant with CdG and now not to update the Red Barricades map but to
include overlays instead. I've had enough. I just canceled my Red Factories order.

The amount of errata the comes out in this hobby to things like Academy games issuing
a second edition of an $80.00 game I just bought leaves me feeling that this hobby is
no longer for me.

I've had enough.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
First off, this reads like someone trolling with an axe to grind and looking to find other people who think the same way.
Second, I'll offer some advice;
don't sell your stuff even if you're 100% certain you'll never play again,
'cause you might.

My thoughts exactly, but IF he wants to off load it..............

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oh boy.

This sort of sprung to mind..........

Things aren't that bad.

Have a Bex and a good lay down.

You'll feel better when you get up.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't figure out why one needs to announce on a public forum that they are not playing a game anymore.

Well, I guess I do. :)

PS .. where do you line up for your gear?
this....... :D Seriously, seems a bit of discontent. This , for me, has been far from a "banner year" of ASL-ness in my own life. Yes, a large portion of that was due to my stroke and TBI that took me out of action for 4 months, but still.... I just looked at things this evening, and noticed I still have managed to finish 7 ASL games so far this year, and on track to finish at least two more before the end of December- if not more, so its not a total "ASL Loss" of a year for me, and that is with the fact that I was out April, May, June and most of July in recovery. My education plans got stymied from it as well, but I finally did finish my Master's and begin post-grad work / research. ( and I began teaching my first college class in September, yeah... adjunct , but its experience and a foot in the old door, ya know?)

Top that off with re-kindling old game-flames with Raid on St Nazaire by TAHGC, Drive on Stalingrad by SPI and Downtown by GMT - I am pretty happy overall with this year as far as gaming goes, - as usual , far more desire to play them than time to do so.

The hobby itself, well , I would not have finished those 7 games without some pretty cool guys willing to wait as I meandered through getting back into ASL after everything that happened to me this year. "bis" seemed a decent enough fellow in the CH sub-forum threads, so one hopes he might still be around after letting off some "verbal steam" at the issues which got him riled up. If not, the hobby loses another gamer on extended sabbatical for a while.

As others have said, hope he doesnt sell off his kit, time will come around when he may wish for it again at some future date for a return to ASL.
:)

KRL, Jon H

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I have become completely disgusted with the decisions being made by the producers of ASL.
From the constant BS from Critical Hit to the reprint decisions at BFP (ITR2) to MMPs
decisions to include Dinant with CdG and now not to update the Red Barricades map but to
include overlays instead. I've had enough. I just canceled my Red Factories order.

The amount of errata the comes out in this hobby to things like Academy games issuing
a second edition of an $80.00 game I just bought leaves me feeling that this hobby is
no longer for me.

I've had enough.

Lol, if that gets you so upset .............

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't feel the need to be hostile about, to mock or to despise the OP.
I don't share his feelings nor his analysis.
But we don't need to treat him as if he was leaving a cult.
There is some tendency of shaming people these days, I find.

The only slight point which can have some merit is that in the present times, there are a series if "enhanced" reeditions of old products.
But that problem is quite easily solved : buy just what you think you need. Don't feel the necessity to buy everything.
That type of selection is anyway applied by most of players, even with fully new publications, as we are living times when great quantities of excellent designs are offered - much more than the usual ASLer can swallow at rythm that they are coming out.
The reeditions are also good news for players who didn't own the original products: if I didn't have Red B, I would certainly purchase Red Factories.

As others have expressed : don't act in anger.
Let the steam recede.
Enjoy what you already have.
And don't sell or give away your gear.
You would quite certainly regret it.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The items mentioned have little in common, so it is hard to comprehend why.

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't feel the need to be hostile about, to mock or to despise the OP.
I don't share his feelings nor his analysis.
But we don't need to treat him as if he was leaving a cult.
Not mocking.
Not despising.
Nor, is he leaving a cult.
But, he is looking for validation in his decision from other people who
think the same thing. Which is why he's taking some flak.
Hey, if you wanna quit, just quit. You're not a famous athlete retiring
after a long and storied career.
His post reads "I'm picking up my toys and going home."

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not mocking.
Not despising.
Nor, is he leaving a cult.
But, he is looking for validation in his decision from other people who
think the same thing. Which is why he's taking some flak.
Hey, if you wanna quit, just quit. You're not a famous athlete retiring
after a long and storied career.
His post reads "I'm picking up my toys and going home."
You need a new avatar, Chris :