Discovery Wings Channel Becomes the Military Channel

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bleh... damn, now I’m torn. Discovery Wings is one of the few channels I watch on a relatively regular basis. I suppose I’ll adjust (especially if they can maintain a decent focus on aviation – which seems to be the case.) Of course, I’d worship the folks at Discovery if they would bring back the old "Firepower" series (circa 1990). That show kicked some ass. Anyone else remember it?

If I’m not mistaken, there was an attempt at a Military Channel a few years back by a different company. The deal fell through, but I have a feeling Discovery will be able to do it right. (After all, if they’ve got Disc Science, Disc Health, Disc Times, Disc Home, and Disc Kids, surely there’s room for a Disc Military!)

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Fields of Armor"...PLEASE bring it back!!! And "Battlefield"!!
"Victory at Sea"!!! I can't wait!!!

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Wings channel has gotten stale, they needed a new format. I remember watching most of the stuff on it on other channels previously and after 6 months, it was all reruns, re-formatted cut-and-paste and attaching a 'Wing over...' to everything that had already been done.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim H. Moreno said:
Is that an HDTV channel? I'm looking on my Dish 500...
I don't think so, unless it is on VOOM. I have Time Warner HDTV package, and there is only a DiscoverHD channel (which has awesome stuff, BTW!).

The Military Channel is awesome! They should actually call it "The Testosterone Channel", and make it required veiwing for all male children starting at age 6!;)

MountainMan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding! I do wonder what will happen to the History Channel, which currently runs a lot of military stuff. I agree completely about the older series such as Victory at Sea. The best.

:thumup:

Wolfleader

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
MountainMan said:
Outstanding! I do wonder what will happen to the History Channel, which currently runs a lot of military stuff. I agree completely about the older series such as Victory at Sea. The best.

:thumup:
I'm guessing as this is the Discovery channel it'll look more at the much more technical aspects of the military while History would look more at historical events.

Wolfleader

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jon@lbc said:
Have any of you guys seen the show "foot soldier"? What do ya think about it?
I have all of the episodes on tape from a while back. It's pretty nifty, though if ever the new military channel or History channel ever shows the old series 'War and Civilization' I'll be giddier than Stewie on the Death Star.