dirt nap for a terrorist...

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, the President just announced that Osama Bin Laden has been killed and his body recovered. (So there can be no doubt as to his demise).

Nice work on the part of the Military.

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was thinking the same thing. Keep your head down over there. Then again, we should do the same at home. I'm sure the rest of the AQ dingleberries will be attempting a revenge (for our revenge, ad infinitum) attack here if possible.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Was thinking the same thing. Keep your head down over there. Then again, we should do the same at home. I'm sure the rest of the AQ dingleberries will be attempting a revenge (for our revenge, ad infinitum) attack here if possible.
mmm buried at sea as well , already, that way there is no burial place to be turned into a shrine by his followers, I would think that there will be more retribution over that by A-Q

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
mmm buried at sea as well , already, that way there is no burial place to be turned into a shrine by his followers, I would think that there will be more retribution over that by A-Q
I thought that was genius.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My initial thought was: I'll never feel guilty about peeing in the ocean again.

However, it sure does seem quick to dispose of the body. Additionally, I would think cremation and scattering of the ashes is a more traditional way of handling criminals like ObL.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

However, it sure does seem quick to dispose of the body. Additionally, I would think cremation and scattering of the ashes is a more traditional way of handling criminals like ObL.
Burial within 24 hours is the islamic way. And before you say it, they are trying not to make any more enemies by behaving like idiots. Sure I remember Mogadishu, and what happened to your guys there, but the US has shown itself to be better than that. That should be the defining difference.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Yes but once they found out where he was cremated it would be a shrine to his last place on earth!!! therefore a sea burial, no one knows where his remains are.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes very!! but all the Conspiracy nutters will now be sounding off as well.
Yeah, well. A lot of people believe that religious figures from 2000 years ago are still alive. Doesn't make it so. Nutters will believe what nutters want to believe.

At the very least he will be considered a Martyr, but depriving the fools a shrine of his grave was a wise move.

Roadtogundagai

Panty Sniffer
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Country
llNew Zealand
Good news. Pity the prick wasn't wasted when he was cornered at Tora Bora nearly 10 years ago. Better late than never, however.

Well done by the special forces folks who took him out.

Last edited:

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It's been a long time coming but the day has arrived. It won't end terrorism, but every little bit counts.
The guys that did the job may never read this - but bloody good job, well done. :hail:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Burial within 24 hours is the islamic way. And before you say it, they are trying not to make any more enemies by behaving like idiots. Sure I remember Mogadishu, and what happened to your guys there, but the US has shown itself to be better than that. That should be the defining difference.
I don't know of any connection between ObL and the deaths and mutilation of bodies in Mogadishu (or in Fallujah for that matter). However, I do connect him with the immolation of 3,000 people in the USA.

I did not know that Islam forbids cremation. I really don't care what happened to the body, as long as it is dead. The amount of time it was not is a depressing matter.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I am not sure if this is 100% correct but I believe that items taken from one (or more) of the Blackhawks (or their crews) shot down in Mog were found in Afghanistan.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
If you want an important job done like ridding the world of a piece of crap such as bin laden, .... send in the United States NAVY

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes very!! but all the Conspiracy nutters will now be sounding off as well.
It was not OBL, but a double- Osama is really imprisoned at Area 51, as he is actually a reptoid alien trying to subvert the power of Illuminati and Masons. (The reason Bush prevented anyone from harming him)

:devious:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
It was not OBL, but a double- Osama is really imprisoned at Area 51, as he is actually a reptoid alien trying to subvert the power of Illuminati and Masons. (The reason Bush prevented anyone from harming him)

:devious:
Got a problem with masons?????