Direct Fire from multiple hexes

Pirke

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hi there, just received the game this week and managed to read through the rules for the first time this weekend.

Since I'm not used to this from other games I play I wondered. Can you concentrate your fire on a single target (DF) by combining the fire from multiple hexes.

For example add the AT value of you tank 10 hexes away, your gun 5 hexes away and you infantry in an adjacent hex to the target .. into 1 total AT value vs the target.

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The quick answer is 'Yes', and although I haven't found a location in the rules which states this explicitly, I have found examples which include such a situation.

7.6.1 includes an example where a group of attackers have some units with, and some without, height advantage vs the defender - of course they would need to be in different hexes for this to happen.

Remember, the attackers have to all be activated with the same Ops counter for this to occur, so the participating units would need to be relatively close to each other.

High Roller

Recruit
Reaction score
"...although I haven't found a location in the rules which states this explicitly..."

As with many things in the rules, it's there, just not highlighted with a simple declarative sentence.

In 7.4, to resolve AP fire, "The attacker sums up the values of all attacking units..."

It's different for AT attacks. The supporting, attacking, units add +1 to the attacking unit's AT value.

Dave's Ops counter proviso stands until an OP5 counter is introduced to accommodate your example.

Pirke

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I'm considering to use this via Opportunity Fire when not OP's counter is required.