Dinant HASL

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yeah Olli,

Unemployment has really "crimped" my ASL purchases... Got to plan out the future purchases with care.
omly a tease Kevin. not good about the work situation tho! I also understand about plan purchases.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking for some VASL play testers for Dinant scenarios.

These are medium to large scenarios of high complexity. Knowledge of climbing, rafts, boats, narrow roads, cliffs and long LOS will be necessary.
WOW ! This will be a good way to check off some of my ASL 'bucket list' items.:laugh:

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Haven't posted in awhile.

Here's a picture of the CG at about the halfway point. Night will be falling in the next several turns.
Did I read the game board right? "Eng fail to begn to build 8 ton bridge ferry only"

So does this mean that there are rules for building a pontoon bridge during play?

daniel

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did I read the game board right? "Eng fail to begn to build 8 ton bridge ferry only"

So does this mean that there are rules for building a pontoon bridge during play?

daniel
Oh yes, very much so. An engineer's delight.

Dan is a mad genius.

Tom

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

daniel
He must means he failed to build an 8 ton pontoon bridge, and has a ferry in the hex. You have to state what you are building before you embark on the task. It's not like Airplane. "Johnny, what can you make of this?" "Oh, I can make a broach, a pterodactyl..........." Yes however, there are such rules. The six CG dates, showing a day and a half worth of fighting, involve a river crossing and building pontoon bridges across the river and ferries. Pullies were important too.

Last edited:

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They didn't "fail to begin". The schedule just moved to the right due to changing customer requirements.
They just failed their 3rd try at getting it off the truck. I've got the far bank clear so the engineers aren't getting shot at. Building a bridge or ferry under fire isn't easy or fun.

Carl Nogueria is the brains behind the CG. I think it's going to be the most interesting one out there. Executing an opposed river crossing by a Panzer Division. Both sides get a lot of interesting equipment and tough decisions to face.

Use of the limited engineering troops is one of the decisions. They're very helpful in providing support to the crossing troops with their smoke exponent and DC's and Flamethrowers. But without them the bridges and ferries don't get built.

Plus plus there is Dinant Special Rule 0.0 the French player must use the 7-0 Holst counter in any scenario utilizing a French 7-0 Leader. If Holst is involved in an attack that kills Rommel the scenario is immediately over with a French victory.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Dan,

How many French Counters will be required for the playing of the CGs?

One set of the French OoB or two?
The scenarios will be playable with one current French OOB. The CG will require some more vehicles and some infantry. Then there's the bridge sections and ferries with pulley counters. And trucks for both sides.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenarios will be playable with one current French OOB. The CG will require some more vehicles and some infantry. Then there's the bridge sections and ferries with pulley counters. And trucks for both sides.

Ferries with pulley that too much.:nuts: