Dinant HASL

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
(Psssst .. its greeaaattttt!!!)

I've been getting back in the loop on ASL, and this product is one I've been cranked about since you announced it, Dan. (See post #5.) Everything I've seen catching up tonight has been gold. This will be your magnum opus, my friend, however long it takes. Keep on keeping on. I'm sure I'll enjoy this when it sees the light of day.

Historically, the Onhaye battle was crucial to the outcome of the campaign, and interesting in its own right. Glad to see you're including it.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ETA is ?. It will depend on the publisher. I plan on turning over to them a tested product. It will depend on their desire to see it published.

Onhaye indeed did play a crucial role in the events at Dinant. The garbled message caused Rommel to dispatch all of the available armor west of the river to Onhaye where they ran into a French counter attack against the recon units that were outside the town.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone going to Winter Offensive in January who would be interested in playing the BIG river crossing scenario ROMMEL AT THE MEUSE?

Ron Duenskie and I are coming in Thursday evening and he's looking to play it starting either Thursday evening or Friday morning.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Nobody wants to try Rommel at the Meuse at Winter Offensive?

Are there none who like big scenarios left?
Love large scenarios. Alas, no WO for me again this year.

Peace

Roger

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Yeah, but

Maybe when I'm not working 50+ hours a week, chasing three kids, and meeting or beating a physicla fitness standard....

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I'd love to play it, if I were only going to Winter Offensive. Too far to travel from Memphis..:angry:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Nobody wants to try Rommel at the Meuse at Winter Offensive? Are there none who like big scenarios left?"--Phlegm
Well, who is up for this at ASLOK 2015? Start the Sunday before--go to the cookout--then play this monster until the tourneys begin. If its released by then I'll be looking for an opponent!

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian, I don't see myself attending

But I'm still looking for WO people looking to try some Dinant scenarios.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CG for Dinant is getting close to its first official tire kicking too. I don't know if it will be ready for a WO test drive, but it well might. If so, any brave lads willing to give that a go? 6 CG Dates.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The CG for Dinant is getting close to its first official tire kicking too. I don't know if it will be ready for a WO test drive, but it well might. If so, any brave lads willing to give that a go? 6 CG Dates.
The CG is filled with all sorts of ASL goodness. Have you ever built a bridge under fire? While crossing a river. Thren fight your way up 90 foot cliffs.

Carl has done a great job on this for The lovers of CG's this one is gonna rock!

Last edited:

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I volunteer.

And by that I mean I volunteer Roger Whelan.

You're welcome Roger. :D

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Seriously, it does look fantastic. Were I to go to WO I'd definitely be up for trying a scenario or three. Or four. I really like the map samples I've seen, and the finished product will be a must-buy for me. Dan, if you're going to WO, just take it with you. I'll bet once you lay out the map you'll have no trouble recruiting playtesters on the spot.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seriously, it does look fantastic. Were I to go to WO I'd definitely be up for trying a scenario or three. Or four. I really like the map samples I've seen, and the finished product will be a must-buy for me. Dan, if you're going to WO, just take it with you. I'll bet once you lay out the map you'll have no trouble recruiting playtesters on the spot.
Nadir's map is a thing of ASL beauty. I'm bringing a couple of copies Don to get some playtesting in. Anybody feeling foggy is welcome to jump in.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Froggy, we have all the fog we can use..................
Nadir's map is a thing of ASL beauty. I'm bringing a couple of copies Don to get some playtesting in. Anybody feeling foggy is welcome to jump in.

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,

Is the plan to have a Dinant mini-tourney played on the HASL map(s) at WO still a go (as far as you know)?

Thanks!

Bill