Dinant HASL

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,

Ever think of signing that and selling it?

The picture could be a very interesting item at the Winter Offensive auction as the Dinant HASL is released....

Just saying.
It could be the only auction in history where the owner of the item has to pay the attendees.

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
in that close up photo there is a strange looking French (?) MMC in hex Z18, ATR in AA20 and Leader in Y19

=1#post1670929

is that from some other publisher or is it a new stile MMP counter?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
in that close up photo there is a strange looking French (?) MMC in hex Z18, ATR in AA20 and Leader in Y19

=1#post1670929

is that from some other publisher or is it a new stile MMP counter?
I think they are CH ones, the ATR is for sure. Just checked out the French counters in KGC and they are not from that either

Last edited:

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The strange looking counters were indeed CH counters, Ron has them mixed in with his MMP counters. Personally I found the font used to hard to read but they added to the fog of war when used in concealed stacks.

Dinant has mostly large scenarios that push the French counter mix to the limit. There are plenty of Germans but the French might need some more. It depends on how the playtesting goes

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The strange looking counters were indeed CH counters, Ron has them mixed in with his MMP counters. Personally I found the font used to hard to read but they added to the fog of war when used in concealed stacks.

Dinant has mostly large scenarios that push the French counter mix to the limit. There are plenty of Germans but the French might need some more. It depends on how the playtesting goes
Dan,

So a good recommendation might be to own two sets of French counters? (At least the Infantry and SWs).

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,

So a good recommendation might be to own two sets of French counters? (At least the Infantry and SWs).
Yeah,two sets alway helps but I'm thinking of those who only have one copy. The module will need some more Climbing, rafts and new counters for ferries. I think that perhaps the needed counters would fit on one counter sheet.

I try as a designer to keep my designs within the published rules and counter mix. However sometimes there are things that require one to violate these ideals. In the Dinant there are Road Tunnels, Greenhouses, a Fishing Weir and vehicle ferries. I'll put out what I am thinking and depend on the kindness of strangers to take my ideas and put them into ASLese.

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah,two sets alway helps but I'm thinking of those who only have one copy. The module will need some more Climbing, rafts and new counters for ferries. I think that perhaps the needed counters would fit on one counter sheet.

I try as a designer to keep my designs within the published rules and counter mix. However sometimes there are things that require one to violate these ideals. In the Dinant there are Road Tunnels, Greenhouses, a Fishing Weir and vehicle ferries. I'll put out what I am thinking and depend on the kindness of strangers to take my ideas and put them into ASLese.
Absolutely have no problem with using more counters than what are given in the system, just make sure that they are included in the counter mix that goes in the HASL. We need more climbing counters, put them in the module. Same for French infantry or AFV counters, if there in the HASL module, no problem..

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No need for more french infantry, we can just use Italians lol.

Scott

Absolutely have no problem with using more counters than what are given in the system, just make sure that they are included in the counter mix that goes in the HASL. We need more climbing counters, put them in the module. Same for French infantry or AFV counters, if there in the HASL module, no problem..

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another scenario Saint Médard After Dark. A quick little 5 turn night scenario.
Both sides record their set up and then the game begins with a pre Turn 1 CC phase. The SR is a substitute for a lost French sniper.
Second photo shows the melee that killed both sides best leaders.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,

Continue to string us along with the playtest and the photos......

By the time you submit this to MMP, they'll be ready to reprint the CdG module (we can only hope).

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who knows maybe this'll speed things up. There's no such thing as bad press.

Trying to lure some ASL players in the NJ area.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who knows maybe this'll speed things up. There's no such thing as bad press.

Trying to lure some ASL players in the NJ area.
NJ? Is this another "foriegn land" to conquer for Vlad Putin?

Or better yet, send your HASL write-up (Historical Notes, Rules and SSRs) to some of the French players and have them translate them to French, prior to submission to MMP to have a more "European Friendly" HASL produced by MMP.... Just a thought.