Dinant HASL

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Winter Offensive 2012 is over and the one thing it did was inspire me to get back to designing my Dinant HASL.

I spoke to Chas Argent about resizing the map and I think I might include a bit more of the Belgium side of the river to get a couple of delaying action scenarios between the Chaussers de Ardennes and Rommels advancing panzer troops.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Winter Offensive 2012 is over and the one thing it did was inspire me to get back to designing my Dinant HASL.

I spoke to Chas Argent about resizing the map and I think I might include a bit more of the Belgium side of the river to get a couple of delaying action scenarios between the Chaussers de Ardennes and Rommels advancing panzer troops.

Welcome back Ducky.

You were always one of my Top 5 designers and you always bring something new and unique to the table. Looking forward to see how you spin Dinant.

Wolk

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What? No nuke armed Finns??!! All kidding aside, a 1940 France HASL would be cool.

Dave Olie

High King of New Scotland
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think we would all be very happy to see and play this, Dan. Just please don't colour the map with crayons this time. :D

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok let's see if this works. Here's the current version of the Dinant map.

I want to add more terrain to the east side of the river to show the actions prior to the crossing.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. It is a blow up of my original which measures 12"x18"

It's done in color pencil. I'm gonna rough out the new map this week. I'll keep you folks posted.

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great idea! I've always wanted to play an HASL like this. Please get it done!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Looks good Dan, will this be a full HASL or something that will be dropped into a Journal?

Scott

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok let's see if this works. Here's the current version of the Dinant map.

I want to add more terrain to the east side of the river to show the actions prior to the crossing.
That's 10 geo-boards worth right there. Are you planning on about 5 (half or full)-boards more to the right?

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's 10 geo-boards worth right there. Are you planning on about 5 (half or full)-boards more to the right?
Actually I'm going to redo the map onto 3 22x34 sheets. It will allow for more terrain on the east bank and make the hex coordinates easier and cleaner.

Last edited:

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually I'm going to redo the map onto 3 22x34 sheets. It will allow for more terrain on the east bank and make the hex coordinates easier and cleaner.
How many scenarios do you think you can squeeze outta your map? If you need any playtesters, let me know. Small to medium sized scenarios on a HASL map is my favorite form of ASL.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many scenarios do you think you can squeeze outta your map? If you need any playtesters, let me know. Small to medium sized scenarios on a HASL map is my favorite form of ASL.
I'm hoping to have 10-12 scenarios and a mini CG. The scenarios will range from Nazi recon troops vs Belgian bicycle troops to a night cavalry probe to call in artillery on German river crossing operations. There's a breakout from the bridgehead using motorcycle troops and lt tanks vs some French armor and hastily dug in infantry. Of course there is a big river crossing scenario and a couple where the Germans are fighting the way up the steep slopes of the far bank.

I don't know how the play test will be handled. I'll post something when I know.

It might not even need playtesting, I'm just THAT good

Last edited:

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm hoping to have 10-12 scenarios and a mini CG. The scenarios will range from Nazi recon troops vs Belgian bicycle troops to a night cavalry probe to call in artillery on German river crossing operations. There's a breakout from the bridgehead using motorcycle troops and lt tanks vs some French armor and hastily dug in infantry. Of course there is a big river crossing scenario and a couple where the Germans are fighting the way up the steep slopes of the far bank.

I don't know how the play test will be handled. I'll post something when I know.

It might not even need playtesting, I'm just THAT good
Will this be a CH! product?