Dinant HASL

Nadir_E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very much looking forward to seeing this, Dan. If memory serves, it'll be the first full river crossing in a HASL (the wading in PBr doesn't count).

Happy to help if/when you need it.
-N

ASRomafan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If memory serves, it'll be the first full river crossing in a HASL (the wading in PBr doesn't count).

-N
Not many at all. We tried to search for rules regarding Pontoon bridge construction which we needed for the Berlin CG.

The only previous attempt at river crossing in HASL was in Hell's Bridgehead in which you had to cross the Psel during the first CG date and establish pontoon bridges. However we thought the mechanics for pontoon bridge construction in HB were sort of generic and we sort of tried to improve/complicate them lol.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Started the process fir the new map. I forgot what a time consuming thing this is. But it's already starting to look like it will be very interesting. There's a lot of room for maneuvering early war vehicles and cavalry around.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,

How many years have I been harping on you to get going on this??????

It's about time.

Really looking forward to this.

Tom

dieneuner25

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope the Dinant mini-game happens! I haven't yet played A65 The Dinant Bridgehead, only its SL version long ago. Have you tried Christian Koppmeyer's quasi-HASL scenario GRE 6 The Wehr? It's fun as designed, but is also easy to adapt to more historical terrain. I created an overlay of Ile de Houx to cover the exisiting islands on board 7 and plan to use that the next time I run it (if my opponent agrees, of course).

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope the Dinant mini-game happens! I haven't yet played A65 The Dinant Bridgehead, only its SL version long ago. Have you tried Christian Koppmeyer's quasi-HASL scenario GRE 6 The Wehr? It's fun as designed, but is also easy to adapt to more historical terrain. I created an overlay of Ile de Houx to cover the exisiting islands on board 7 and plan to use that the next time I run it (if my opponent agrees, of course).
The Dinant Bridge head was the basis for my river crossing scenario ROMMEL ON THE MEUSE. I'm trying to keep the victory conditions similar.

I haven't seen The Wehr but I assume it portrays the action near the fishing weir that the Germans used in the crossing. I have it on my map. It's the "T" shape jutting out into the river. The Germans used it to shorten the time spent in rafts during the crossing.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom, I'm following you VotG lead. 10 years and they have to dig it out of my hands in my underground bunker.

I'm psyched to get this project going again now that I'm not working I have the time.
Well, I think it was about 10 years ago when you first showed me the Dinant map. That doesn't leave you much time buddy.

MOVE IT!

Seriously though, I like that you are expanding the map eastwards to allow more fighting on the Belgian side. Nice.

Tom

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I think it was about 10 years ago when you first showed me the Dinant map. That doesn't leave you much time buddy.

MOVE IT!

Seriously though, I like that you are expanding the map eastwards to allow more fighting on the Belgian side. Nice.

Tom
See how it feels? There is some interesting terrain on the east side of the river. A couple of large buildings and a cluster of homes with some woods separating them from the river.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thought I'd post a look at the map of th area I'm looking to represent with the new map.

I'llprobably go just north of the quarry Monttorgueil above N948 and to the bottom near N936 and to the Grotte Montfa in the east.

I'llpost some of the sketch work as soon as I get it ready.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I think there is more of a possibility to get it done with LFT IMHO