Dinant HASL

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will this HASL module be available as a stand-alone for those of us who already have the French? I am very interested in playing it but I'm not a big fan of repurchasing things I already own just to get the new stuff.
I can see your point about repurchasing, although I will most likely order the new CdG for the (presumed) better quality counters. Dinant is certainly CdG's icing on the cake and worth waiting for.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Going on previous MMP behaviour I suspect that a limited number of Dinant only modules might become available for direct purchase only (none shipped to retailers).

They are currently offering a direct sale RO only version of RF (IE RO+RB) and when AoO was on pre-order offered AoO with mounted maps, with SK style maps and finally a direct sale version with no maps for those who had already had bought the maps separately.

While ideally I would like one copy each of a Dinant only and a full version, I will be happy enough to buy a pair of the combined sets and am very much in the same boat with regards to RF.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will this HASL module be available as a stand-alone for those of us who already have the French? I am very interested in playing it but I'm not a big fan of repurchasing things I already own just to get the new stuff.
Same here....

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I spent an entire day playing this with Dolan at Winter Offensive 2017 and had a pretty damn good time ... looking forward to seeing this in production.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could use someone that loves CGs to test out a CG at ASLOK. I have an opponent already lined up for the above scenario pictured but have found that my table is NOT big enough to hold both Dinant maps!!! :mad:ASLOK will have that space. I have the time. Anyone willing to forego scenarios early on and test this with me?
All I have been doing for 35+ years is playtest it seems for SL, then ASL. For me it's more important for the game design to succeed rather than for me to hang another plaque on the wall that only few in my life care to see. If I am to be remembered for anything with ASL, I hope it is for the help I gave for all those who wanted to see their ideas in print. I read continuously of players bashing this or that product but do not read often enough about players offering to help. ASL needs more playtesters. Always has, always will.
Also, if YOU who are reading this have something in the works for ASL then I can reciprocate and help you with your idea at ASLOK. Note that this Dinant HASL is not mine. The designer is an old friend I have known for over 30 years. We both probably do not have 30 MORE years left.
PM me if interested. If not, please consider putting aside the quest for ASL glory (does that really exist?) and help keep this hobby alive and thrive.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Great stuff Tooz, I am playtesting Dinant already (scenarios before and currently the CG). Love your sentiments.

Rgds Jack

I could use someone that loves CGs to test out a CG at ASLOK. I have an opponent already lined up for the above scenario pictured but have found that my table is NOT big enough to hold both Dinant maps!!! :mad:ASLOK will have that space. I have the time. Anyone willing to forego scenarios early on and test this with me?
All I have been doing for 35+ years is playtest it seems for SL, then ASL. For me it's more important for the game design to succeed rather than for me to hang another plaque on the wall that only few in my life care to see. If I am to be remembered for anything with ASL, I hope it is for the help I gave for all those who wanted to see their ideas in print. I read continuously of players bashing this or that product but do not read often enough about players offering to help. ASL needs more playtesters. Always has, always will.
Also, if YOU who are reading this have something in the works for ASL then I can reciprocate and help you with your idea at ASLOK. Note that this Dinant HASL is not mine. The designer is an old friend I have known for over 30 years. We both probably do not have 30 MORE years left.
PM me if interested. If not, please consider putting aside the quest for ASL glory (does that really exist?) and help keep this hobby alive and thrive.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I try to summarise your thinking:

1. I come to ASLOK to find a big table.
2. I don't like what most people are doing there.
3. As my contribution to the game is very valuable, people should acknowledge how great a guy i am.

I hope not to have twisted your message :D

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL doesn't make anyone great. But playing ASL, for me, is great fun.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"You have twisted it significantly, but then you knew that." Mister T.
All in good fun.
"I try to summarise your thinking:
1. I come to ASLOK to find a big table.
2. I don't like what most people are doing there.
3. As my contribution to the game is very valuable, people should acknowledge how great a guy i am."
I hope not to have twisted your message :D--Mr T

Those are your words, not mine. Only #1 is accurate.
The thread is not about me, it is about this really cool HASL that I am having a lot of fun with. Testing for so many years does not mean I am a "great guy". Just means I am friggin' old! :cool:
I have already gotten two testers for ASLOK--even a possible third, so thanks to all who responded. For those attending ASLOK, stop by and see what is going on. What I especially like about this idea is that it will try to introduce an aspect of WWII that the system has yet to tackle: bridging a river during play. Once done, this can open up a lot more ASL projects in the years to come.
Here are more pics of the scenario in play: Untitled resized.png resized Turn 4.png
French are defending very well.

Phlegm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Brian is doing some great work on Dinant. Him and Rich N.are currently playing the 6 board scenario representing the breakout from the Dinant bridgehead. It's a bit meaty so I'm awaiting their opinions.

Attached is some pictures from their game. The objective is outlined in red

Attachments

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Brian is doing some great work on Dinant. Him and Rich N.are currently playing the 6 board scenario representing the breakout from the Dinant bridgehead. It's a bit meaty so I'm awaiting their opinions.

Attached is some pictures from their game. The objective is outlined in red

That's all we get? A thumbnail! Phlegm, you tease! ;-)