Dinant CG Initial Scenario French FPP Restrictions

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Refit Step DN4.615 is listed as applicable to setup for the Initial Scenario in the Dinant CG. However, applying the restrictions therein, especially those regarding range and LOS to Known Enemy Units, seems problematic. Which, if any, of the following DN4.615 restrictions apply to Fortifications purchased for the Initial Scenario? 1. MMC proximity to Roadblocks; 2. Foxhole MMC occupancy; 3. Dummies NA; 4. Any of the Range/LOS restrictions, and if so, how are these LOS determined?
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.
Enjoy, Joshua

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Josh, I am going to be speaking with Perry on this just get an official clarification out there. To move things along for you, no dummies, other than that, the French/Germans both arrived at night, so placement of foxholes, roadblocks etc for the Initial scenario only, again excepting placement of dummies, would be like any normal scenario. No dummies allowed.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Josh, in fact, as I read through this, I do see where the above is mentioned, albeit too vaguely. The second sentence where it states The Initial Scenario provides setup instructions for that scenario.

So, per the initial scenario rules, French units in suitable terrain setup entrenched. No dummies. Other than the no dummies thing, it is pretty much normal setup parameters.

I'll still fire off an email to Perry and Klas and see if we can clarify this.

Possibly the better place to clarify this is in the Initial scenario SSR.
Thanks,
Carl

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Carl. I figured that was the intent.
Enjoy, Joshua