Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're playing this right now. I'm the French, my brother the Germans. He attacked at the completely other side of the map using the elevated RR as cover. We're only on turn 5 of the initial scenario but a big fight is going to ensue in the town there.

Hope you can continue this cg as it seemed as both were enjoying it, besides, we all want to know the outcome.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am fully recovered from COVID, it was very mild. I only had a slight sore throat and a bad headache for a few days; that's it.

We will pick this CG back up this Sunday.
Glad you're feeling better.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not my problem! If he tips over any stacks he loses, new Dennis Household rule (older Dennis household that is)
Puts a whole new spin on "sudden death" in more ways than one.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK we got another turn in yesterday, too much time chatting with my son, drinking wine, watching a bit of football, etc.
So we played both turn 5s.

No big changes territory wise. His masses continue to grind through the woods near the paved road. Nothing I can do to stop him. My guys break and because of night rout one hex away and get hit again and again... he can't break through but my guys are just dying by the bushel load.

He is overly (IMHO) worried about my tanks. He was able to kill one with a FT and another in CC, maybe I pushed them a bit close but I'm thinking I needed to keep him IN the woods to start tomorrow... maybe not.

He drew another red for one OBA, broke the radio on another, fixed it next turn, and than promptly broke it again...

The cliff path that I was worried about seems to be closed and with minimal effort so the two tanks I was running over there have reversed course and heading for the exit road and the Belgians are also running (having given up the horses to the MG platoon) for the road cliff area for the end game...

Hopefully more weekly type updates soon.

phlegm027

Reaction score
glad you guys are back.and recuperatin. You haven’t finished the 4th CG date, right?/

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
glad you guys are back.and recuperatin. You haven’t finished the 4th CG date, right?/
Not yet Dan. They are still at night. Drop a line. Haven't heard from you. It would be good to catch up.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Broke the radio, fixed it and then promptly broke it again. Lol, this game is great.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We got through French turn 7 Monday and he failed to roll the end of the day, so on to my (German) turn 7. I have finished enough bridges (even one extra) to not worry about ammo shortage on the last day. I continue to push his infantry back into an ever shrinking area of the woods in the K52-K53 area. Steve seems to be struggling in how to employ his tanks and the wagons slowly dragging up his 47L AT guns. At night these things are SLOOOOOOW.

In my opinion, he brought his tanks too far forward and I've been able to kill one with a FT, two with CC and another was just STUN'd (which = recall for these tanks.) He is now pulling them back, but failed on an ESB roll and another is Immobilized where I can get to it in CC this turn. The Germans have created a ton of hero's, I think I have four on the board right now, including two in one hex (a nasty trick he's pulled on me a few times in the past.)

I should just about completely kick him out of the woods in the south west corner of the board this turn; i have a lot of infantry stacks up here (including two stacks that approach 36FP). He feels that all is lost and is taking this week to think about whether the French can/should continue.

Some of the things I've learned about this CG as the Germans: 1) Read, Read again and then Re-read the bridge construction/pontoon moving rules, we've made several mistakes with these (that of course screwed the Germans!!!!!), 2) be careful with the bombardment so you don't clog up the direction you want to go with rubble, makes the end game more difficult slaloming through rubble and blocked roads, 3) buy 81* Mortars early and often for pounding the tree line/smoke and 4) boats are easy to kill when beached, load your troops and get them into the water in the advance phase, NEVER EVER enter them in the movement phase unless you want guys to die.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think next up is Operation Turnscrew: Rees from DFTB. He's trying to get the map printed in the next week or two.
This is the best small CG out there. I've played it 3 times. It really has a different flavor and as the British you will need to adapt your tactics to deal with the 1-1-8 onboard snipers. They are deadly.