Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will go count later... I think he has 12 or more vehicles idling on the far bank in the bridge entry hex... like I said if I had gotten a 3,6 starshell drift, I have a 25LL that can see that hex. I think it is a guaranteed hit because of the overstacking, I may not hit what I'm aiming at but I would have hit SOMETHING!
Yeah a few of them were minimum moves to get into the hex at the end. Now that the bridge is done, its a race to see who's first across!!!!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will go count later... I think he has 12 or more vehicles idling on the far bank in the bridge entry hex... like I said if I had gotten a 3,6 starshell drift, I have a 25LL that can see that hex. I think it is a guaranteed hit because of the overstacking, I may not hit what I'm aiming at but I would have hit SOMETHING!
Nothing to see here........:)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah a few of them were minimum moves to get into the hex at the end. Now that the bridge is done, its a race to see who's first across!!!!
Gentlemen start your engines?

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we played another turn yesterday. No pictures, they don't look a lot different. The German wave is creeping along, he can't move because of overstacking but now my broken guys who won't rally are also causing me to be overstacked on the defense in the woods.
The road block was removed in my turn after whining about missing in his turn, logic about it only mattered if it wasn't cleared before his next move fell on deaf ears...
The first tanks have started across the big bridge as well but will take a while to get to somewhere useful.
His OBA drew red after having no affect on my H35s again.
even with 20+ FP I am not breaking many of his guys in the trees or getting rate with my mediums... but he did generate yet another hero...

We both still think the other side has the edge but the counter density is making it a bit hard to play IMHO...

We will continue on since we haven't agreed on our next endeavor yet!

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So we played another turn yesterday. No pictures, they don't look a lot different. The German wave is creeping along, he can't move because of overstacking but now my broken guys who won't rally are also causing me to be overstacked on the defense in the woods.
The road block was removed in my turn after whining about missing in his turn, logic about it only mattered if it wasn't cleared before his next move fell on deaf ears...
The first tanks have started across the big bridge as well but will take a while to get to somewhere useful.
His OBA drew red after having no affect on my H35s again.
even with 20+ FP I am not breaking many of his guys in the trees or getting rate with my mediums... but he did generate yet another hero...

We both still think the other side has the edge but the counter density is making it a bit hard to play IMHO...

We will continue on since we haven't agreed on our next endeavor yet!
My POV is the Germans are behind on the clock, but still in the game. A lot depends on how far forward the armor can get for daybreak. By the time the large influx of French normally show up, the Germans have traditionally been farther inland and more spread out, which takes a lot of the density issues out of it, at least on the west bank. The narrow streets on the east bank are what they are. Hopefully you guys do finish up. Interested to see where it ends up. Thanks for posting.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl, it's interesting that you think the Germans are "behind". Obviously you have more experience with this than we do! Neil agrees with you but from my standpoint, every time he shoots at me I break and/or disrupt. He has way too much FP for me to do anything about it.

Now I have 4 AT guns, countless 37* to completely bottle up that exit and we discussed yesterday that maybe the Germans are too compact (out of necessity).
He is trying to move North out of the cut rather than just blast down the road.

But I have completely stymied so far anyone trying to get up the other exits.

We both feel that after having played it we could both do MUCH better as the French for sure. The French are still in it (but brittle IMHO) even though I made some serious mistakes in play and buys.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl, it's interesting that you think the Germans are "behind". Obviously you have more experience with this than we do! Neil agrees with you but from my standpoint, every time he shoots at me I break and/or disrupt. He has way too much FP for me to do anything about it.

Now I have 4 AT guns, countless 37* to completely bottle up that exit and we discussed yesterday that maybe the Germans are too compact (out of necessity).
He is trying to move North out of the cut rather than just blast down the road.

But I have completely stymied so far anyone trying to get up the other exits.

We both feel that after having played it we could both do MUCH better as the French for sure. The French are still in it (but brittle IMHO) even though I made some serious mistakes in play and buys.
It warms my heart that you both think you're screwed :).

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many counters are in the tallest stack?
who knows.... I've stopped counting. At one point he had 7 or 8 counters on the ground level of a building and another 12 or so on the first level... and than the traffic jam at the bridge is going down but is still overstacked to hell and back

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
? This is funny!

We've all heard 'design for effect'.

But 'design for mutual misery' is a refreshingly new concept...

von Marwitz
We prefer to refer to this as "over-reaching disconsternation".