Dinant CG (Dennis Brothers)

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If he was unloading an 8 ton, I think the M# is 6, yes. That's a lot of mods, but if a platoon was working on it, and Rommel was waving the pom poms nearby, you can get there. Even with a 12, they would have been twirling it over their heads like a drum major's baton.
Yep, it should have been a 6 and he had his magic 9-2 AE leader, Rommel, extra AE squads, etc.

phlegm027

Reaction score
My bad I thought this was evening. It looks like there’s going to be some fighting in the Southern Re-entrant through out the night.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Evening I believe.
Yeah, Carl's correct. Evening and Night to hopefully build the bridges and push towards the woods in the P53 area; also to try to clear the soon to be placed roadblock in P51-Q52. Then the morning to exit (hopefully!)

phlegm027

Reaction score
Don’t forget to keep a road open. If the French can get enough firepower on your supply road

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Guys, have a look at the errata posted today for Dinant, it is germaine to your playing.

This was done not so much for the German side of the river, but to prevent the French from sacrificing their armor to stuff the narrow roads on their side of the river.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We got through three turns of the evening scenario. Steve will have to post pictures, I've completed an 8-ton bridge and began construction of a 16-ton bridge. I'm slowly pushing him back down the draw I've chosen to exit through, but he's brought on two companies of fresh troops that are slowly filtering towards the front. He also brought on a 37*INF battery via wagon in the same area.

I've tried some climbing to get to the heights above my troops with no success, all of the half squads I've thrown up there have been killed in close combat, that being said he did not get ambush with either of the CC's so I may be able to get some easy kills in the trees on the ridge above my guys. I have a vast firepower advantage, but he has a spotting round on board in the area of my main axis of advance and the draw pile tells me its of substantial caliber.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We got through three turns of the evening scenario. Steve will have to post pictures, I've completed an 8-ton bridge and began construction of a 16-ton bridge. I'm slowly pushing him back down the draw I've chosen to exit through, but he's brought on two companies of fresh troops that are slowly filtering towards the front. He also brought on a 37*INF battery via wagon in the same area.

I've tried some climbing to get to the heights above my troops with no success, all of the half squads I've thrown up there have been killed in close combat, that being said he did not get ambush with either of the CC's so I may be able to get some easy kills in the trees on the ridge above my guys. I have a vast firepower advantage, but he has a spotting round on board in the area of my main axis of advance and the draw pile tells me its of substantial caliber.
Very interesting as Arte used to say.

phlegm027

Reaction score

I’m interested in seeing how he defends the fight for the reentrant.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He's throwing every French body he can into the woods in the O50 and O53 areas right now. He's digging like mad in the woods as well, he's worried about artillery to come in the future. Now that I can get some armor across the 37*INF's become kind of important down here, I believe he saved one or two from the at-start forces and now has bought two, so I have three/four to contend with. I have reassembled a pretty big kill stack (24FP I think) in AA51 with a 8-1 who is currently clearing out any French that show there faces in the heights or in the string of buildings between U52 and X50. I'm slowly marching down that row of building as we speak, he has two squads and a leader left in this area. The next main line of resistance will be at the roadblock he bought in P51-Q52 and the aforementioned woods.

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pictures, pictures. We have to take the next week or so off, my son is coming to visit for a while so this will have to hold you guys.
Got some glare and I'm not reshooting the pictures. Sorry.
We are going to forget about the one flank, absolutely nothing going on. The only thing that happened there was I had a 228 trying to recrew a mortar so he acquired it, rolled 1,1 and we think destroyed the unmanned mortar. Anyone disagree with that interpretation?

So the battle is really moving into the main draw. The French that were here have pulled back as best they could with a few dying along the way. He climbed with several guys but my SR happened to land nearby. Might see some large harassing fire come down. My immobilized abandoned HT was attacked in CC and burned... rules seem to imply this was OK. I had a squad with mmg in the X49 foxhole but he got vaporized. The 228 with 37* wisely stepped back from the edge! The 457 in CC48 scared a climber back down. And you see 2 companies running into the exit of the draw, manning the RB that popped up this scenario.

Bit of overlap in these pictures but moving closer to the river you can see the boats still bringing over 1-2 squads per turn as well as the bridges going up and the traffic jam caused there. I didn't have any radio that would survive to get LOS to the bridges so the OBA got reassigned to the draw. If I still had a HIP observer over here the game would be over I think if I landed the OBA here. One 8T is done with a 16T going up next door and a 2nd 8T languishing with not enough troops to assemble it. We are done with Smoke firing for his Turn 4 prep and he keeps recycling Smoke near the bridges because my hmgs are still hidden but I think he knows we don't really have LOS to the bridge area. Touch call on moving them because they will get every weapon shot at them if they move to where they could shoot...
On the cliff he did manage to get someone up the cliff into FF44 and I reacted to this with at least 2 squads. His guys are CX and ?
You can see how high I roll dice by the fires that are spreading even with the extra -2 for SSR but they are spreading in front of the wind...

And the last picture shows the area where he seems to be setting up to put up another bridge during the night maybe.
The Cx guy on the cliff does have a 37* (the one next door had his crew vaporized). he can see the bridge construction. Not sure who he should shoot but the smoke will inhibit his shots for sure.
At the top of the path I have a 457/lmg that is about to get blasted (albeit w/o PBF) from below. Not sure if I have enough here to stop a forced climb by these guys.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pictures, pictures. We have to take the next week or so off, my son is coming to visit for a while so this will have to hold you guys.
Got some glare and I'm not reshooting the pictures. Sorry.
We are going to forget about the one flank, absolutely nothing going on. The only thing that happened there was I had a 228 trying to recrew a mortar so he acquired it, rolled 1,1 and we think destroyed the unmanned mortar. Anyone disagree with that interpretation?

So the battle is really moving into the main draw. The French that were here have pulled back as best they could with a few dying along the way. He climbed with several guys but my SR happened to land nearby. Might see some large harassing fire come down. My immobilized abandoned HT was attacked in CC and burned... rules seem to imply this was OK. I had a squad with mmg in the X49 foxhole but he got vaporized. The 228 with 37* wisely stepped back from the edge! The 457 in CC48 scared a climber back down. And you see 2 companies running into the exit of the draw, manning the RB that popped up this scenario.
View attachment 13849

Bit of overlap in these pictures but moving closer to the river you can see the boats still bringing over 1-2 squads per turn as well as the bridges going up and the traffic jam caused there. I didn't have any radio that would survive to get LOS to the bridges so the OBA got reassigned to the draw. If I still had a HIP observer over here the game would be over I think if I landed the OBA here. One 8T is done with a 16T going up next door and a 2nd 8T languishing with not enough troops to assemble it. We are done with Smoke firing for his Turn 4 prep and he keeps recycling Smoke near the bridges because my hmgs are still hidden but I think he knows we don't really have LOS to the bridge area. Touch call on moving them because they will get every weapon shot at them if they move to where they could shoot...
On the cliff he did manage to get someone up the cliff into FF44 and I reacted to this with at least 2 squads. His guys are CX and ?
You can see how high I roll dice by the fires that are spreading even with the extra -2 for SSR but they are spreading in front of the wind...
View attachment 13850

And the last picture shows the area where he seems to be setting up to put up another bridge during the night maybe.
The Cx guy on the cliff does have a 37* (the one next door had his crew vaporized). he can see the bridge construction. Not sure who he should shoot but the smoke will inhibit his shots for sure.
At the top of the path I have a 457/lmg that is about to get blasted (albeit w/o PBF) from below. Not sure if I have enough here to stop a forced climb by these guys.
View attachment 13851
Rules question: I see all those vehicles in motion. Are they moving to a new hex every turn? Isn't that the rule?

Looks like a downtown parade.