Dinant Bunkers

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Can anyone tell me how many (if any) bunkers the F get on the Dinant CG. I can't seem to find anything on it.

Lastly, do the reinforcing units on the first game start on the map or do they have to get there ?

Thank you

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
None, unless they put Pillboxes accessible to Trenches. Then you get a Bunker(s).

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bunkers are never mentioned in CG'S to my knowledge. The pertinent rules section is B30.8. None are ever given to you in CH's, you make them as per B30.8. It is not a Dinant rule.

Further, my apologies for my prior frustration, hence the edited response. Please explain what about this is confusing you, as I would like to get you past this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Whether it is a bunker or a pillbox I don't care. Where is ANYTHING that is either.

I saw one on a elevated railway ( in a AAR) which I think is illegal placement BUT it was there.

I just must be missing something.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Mr. Knudsen states above. If I can see a copy of what you are viewing for the Initial French OB, that would be helpful.

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whether it is a bunker or a pillbox I don't care. Where is ANYTHING that is either.

I saw one on a elevated railway ( in a AAR) which I think is illegal placement BUT it was there.

I just must be missing something.
I assume you are talking about my and my brothers AAR, a trench would be illegal on a ELRR, but we believe the pillbox is allowed; as ELRR is treated as a paved road and pillboxes can be on a paved road. Steve has put a couple trenches behind his pillboxes on the ELRR so he can escape them from time to time when German fire has become too much for the French; even in the pillbox.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I assume you are talking about my and my brothers AAR, a trench would be illegal on a ELRR, but we believe the pillbox is allowed; as ELRR is treated as a paved road and pillboxes can be on a paved road. Steve has put a couple trenches behind his pillboxes on the ELRR so he can escape them from time to time when German fire has become too much for the French; even in the pillbox.
Care to tell me how many bunkers and what type they are. I have now asked this same question 4 times..

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Think of a trench counter, now think of a PILLBOX. Forget the trench. Now HOW many PILLBOXES are there? NUMBER

Also be good to know where this information is. (!)

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are you kidding? People on this site have tried to help you, despite your unclear questions and use of confusing terminology, and you come back with rudeness?

Go and actually purchase CdG, where, under rule section DN4.51, you will find the exact NUMBER and type of PILLBOXES in the French starting OB, as well as rules regarding their placement.