Differences between ATS and ASLComp Maps

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the ATS and ASLComp maps for the various equivalent modules the same but just different rules and counters?

I am looking to get the Omaha East and West Monster map sets and the ATS version is significantly cheaper to purchase. Can I get the ATS version for my ASLComp play? I have the ASLComp Berlin Monster maps and it is a real treat to play on. I would like to do the same for Omaha.

Ryan

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I believe they are the same maps and have thought of doing the same!

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the ATS and ASLComp maps for the various equivalent modules the same but just different rules and counters?

I am looking to get the Omaha East and West Monster map sets and the ATS version is significantly cheaper to purchase. Can I get the ATS version for my ASLComp play? I have the ASLComp Berlin Monster maps and it is a real treat to play on. I would like to do the same for Omaha.

Ryan
I think all ATS are larger hexed maps since their counters are bigger than ASL.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think all ATS are larger hexed maps since their counters are bigger than ASL.
When I was with CH, the maps were designed to fit ATS counters, but doubled for use with ASL counters. We just got the added benefit of larger-than-needed hexes. I'd be surprised if CH has changed that process in recent years.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I bought the ATS version of Nordic Twilight a couple of years ago as i wanted the map for ASL. The map is exactly the same with height levels shown on the map as +10,+20,+30 etc rather than 1,2 and 3. Obviously the scenario cards cant be easily replicated for ASL.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Maps supplied with releases for the same topic are identical across 3 systems, ASL, ATS, and now BRL1192. I prefer playing on the Monster or Deluxe scale maps however. Ray will sell you standard, monster, deluxe, winter, and planning versions of the same map!

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Finally My OLD AGE is sorted!!!! o_O- The more blind that the game makes me the more I replace boards :LOL:

But will the budget hold ?- might have to re-do my retirement savings scheme to include this ?

Rob ?