Dien Bien Phu 2nd Edition

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like CH has announced the release of Dien Bien Phu (2nd Ed.) on their Web site.

Dave L,

Any special notes to make of significance to this release? It seems this project was kept on the relative down-low as there hasn't been much forum discussion of it prior to this news.

Thanks!

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From www.Criticalhit.com

Guys, We're putting DIEN BIEN PHU back into print for June 2008 and you can now nail down your copies in three flavors:
1. Boxed 2nd Edition -- In limited supply, includes everything from the previous edition + 984 counters (all new BERLIN STYLE) + new map + 18 scenarios updated to new art with all errata input + 3 8" x 22" boards + overlays + box.
2. Ziploc® Edition -- Think TIGERS TO THE FRONT with a massive pile of counters and there you have it! The new historical map, counters, scenarios that play on geomorphs and 'Elaine' mapsheet.
3. Upgrade Kit -- 984 color die-cut counters, the new map, 18 scenarios 18 scenarios updated to new art with all errata input.

Another new ASLComp historical release, complete with color die-cut counters is here for June -- Hürtgen Surprise. Includes 208 FREE BONUS color die-cut counters (101st Airborne infantry and weapons, with 'Screaming Eagle' shoulder-patch art + 83rd Infantry Division shoulder-patch infantry + bonus AFVs) and TWO historical maps (Brècourt Manor assault, made famous in "Band of Brothers" + Hürtgenwald village and envorons outside of Strass).

Details and ordering at our site. Items in production for imminent release. Special offers. Come and get them! The full color, die-cut counter collection keeps growing. Stay tuned for WW I and Vietnam War by 4th Q 2008.

Maureen - Customer Service

***SENT TO REGISTERED CUSTOMERS OF CRITICAL HIT, INC. DOES NOT IMPLY A PURCHASE.***

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bought it.

My first CH purchase in a long, long time.

I bought this based on feedback from some other trusted players, as well as an appreciation for Carl Nogueira gained in no small part from Mr. Trezza.

Very much looking forward to getting it, and playing some.

JT

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe the best HASL ever, by any producer.

I love DBP. Lamb and Carl have had to get restraining orders because they are tired of me standing in their driveways like John Cusack in "Say Anything" with a boombox playing "In your eyes" over my head.

Bret has asked me to quit throwing my panties and squealing like a teenager at Dave at ASLOk when I see him.

Launching an all HIP, 2 platoon banzai charge at night up the muddy, wire covered hills led by sappers with bangalores and it's NOT THE COOLEST thing to happen in the CG by a long stretch.

Did I mention that I am a big fan of DBP??

Bigkayeh

Court Jester of absurdity
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe the best HASL ever, by any producer.

I love DBP. Lamb and Carl have had to get restraining orders because they are tired of me standing in their driveways like John Cusack in "Say Anything" with a boombox playing "In your eyes" over my head.

Bret has asked me to quit throwing my panties and squealing like a teenager at Dave at ASLOk when I see him.

Launching an all HIP, 2 platoon banzai charge at night up the muddy, wire covered hills led by sappers with bangalores and it's NOT THE COOLEST thing to happen in the CG by a long stretch.

Did I mention that I am a big fan of DBP??
Are you really trying to convince us that the behavior outlined in red is about DBP? How gullable do you think we are?

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Are you really trying to convince us that the behavior outlined in red is about DBP?"

Damn, you're onto me. Dave is such a handsome fella, I can't help myself.

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe that was a group intervention and not merely I making that request. I'll also note that ASLOK attendance was up in '07 despite your absence. Coincidence? :devious:

The squealing we'll tolerate, but we have to draw a line somewhere! :crosseye:

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No real enthusiasm Trezza. Merely 5 yards and loss of down.

Much better than the usual 15 yarder and posssible ejection I get from you. Hell, I probably don't need to go to the commissioners office this time.

Darrell "PacMan" Andersen

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Um, I could handle that except when he lifts his skirt and removes said panties in front of me. It makes me vomit a little every time. :upset: :clown:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dave L,

Is there any timeline on when DBP 2nd Ed. and Hurtgen Surprise will ship?

Thanks for the info!

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bought it.

My first CH purchase in a long, long time.

I bought this based on feedback from some other trusted players, as well as an appreciation for Carl Nogueira gained in no small part from Mr. Trezza.

Very much looking forward to getting it, and playing some.

JT
Oh sure, give your money to Tapio. Ignore your own home-town buddy - who barely has gas money to come to Officefest. No instead, send your money to that New York conglomerate. I was going to sell it to you with the "family" discount - but no pay full price instead! :mad:

All right, Taylor - I see how we're going to play this from now on... ;)

Actually, since we're still in final development and awaiting counters back from the printers, I doubt this will be released much before the end of the month or sometime in July. Ray will make an announcement when it is actually released.

Peebs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will folks like the Gamers Armory get copies to sell? I would like to get the boxed edition, but would prefer to get it from GA or even you.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have yet to find a distributor or vendor that doesn't carry CH products.

I have on rare occasions sold wholesale prices to vendors and stolen a sale or two from Ray. :hush:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have yet to find a distributor or vendor that doesn't carry CH products.
Yep, they usually have the CH products on the 50% off rack (because they have been sitting on the shelf so long)...or the buy "XYZ" from this game company and we will give you this CH product for free.

Just a few weeks ago the local book/game/hobby store had a clearance...CH product made up around 50-60% of the clearance items. I went by the store last weekend...most of it was still there.

So yeah, lots of vendors have got stuck with CH product.

:D

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a few weeks ago the local book/game/hobby store had a clearance...CH product made up around 50-60% of the clearance items. I went by the store last weekend...most of it was still there.
I think that's got more to do with the fact that most of us ASL'ers get our stuff straight from the source, and purchase very little from stores.

Here in the greater Los Angeles area, very few game/hobby stores carry anything ASL, regardless of producer, because our club takes care of most ASL players in the area. Our club does group/bulk orders through Alex...and since our club has gathered up just about every ASL'er within 100 miles, that means that there is almost zero ASL demand *through game stores* in the area.

I think Croix de Guerre, when it was first released, was the last ASL product I bought from an actual store...since then it's all been direct from the producers, Gamers Armory or through the club. Brookhurst Hobbies, the largest hobby/game store in Orange County has had the same ASL stuff on their shelf for the past couple of years...both MMP and CH...it just does not move, and gets dustier and dustier.

Semper Fi!
Scott

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that's got more to do with the fact that most of us ASL'ers get our stuff straight from the source, and purchase very little from stores.
Maybe...OTOH, I don't recall ever seeing HoB or MMP (or any other ASL producer's) stuff going through the same slash and burn, got to get rid of it "sales" (EXC: GooB sale...see below). I see CH stuff being handled this way all the time. Since CH has been around I don't think I have ever gone into a game store that didn't have a stack/rack of CH products with drastically slashed prices.

The closest I recall was a local store that went of business and was selling $30-$40 games at like $5 bucks. I bought copies of HL, CdG, DB, CoB, GH (all extra copies) at $5 each...the owner gave me a copy of "Berlin: Red Vengeance" for free. Of course everything in the store was going at those kind of prices.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Re: Dien Bien Phu 2nd Edition - What about the Coffee Mug

Hi everyone (including Tater, Portal and big Dave!)

How could you forget to mention the Coffee Mug!, Beer Mug! and the Mouse Pad :smoke:

OH MY GOSH - How valuable will they be!!!! - I had to buy TWO :nuts:

They wont ever go to the 50% level :clown:

Rob