Dien Bien Phu (2016 edition)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Has anyone got the latest edition of this module (2016)? I just realised that I do not have any counters to go with my module and am thinking of buying this edition.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
When did you buy it? I am wondering if they have it in stock. Plus I am wondering if you get all the counters you need to play the CG? Thanks.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought it direct from CH sometime during COVID. IIRC you have all the French and Viet Minh/NVA counters to play the CG. Counters are very nice as is the HASL map.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Do either of you have the two newer Leningrad Modules? If so...what do you think of them?

Imighthaveit

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is from the back page of the module. "LEN 1 contains one map, made up by 12 linking boards +eight scenarios on 6 cards+ these Special Rules (that also apply to LEN 2). LEN 2 comes with another map, made up by 9 linking boards + 3 additional maps and eight more scenarios PLUS a BONUS scenario set on the LEN 2 map. The following counter sheets are provided in LEN 1 and 2: 4 x AFVs/Guns and 3 x MMC/ SMC. To avoid confusion, the labels of the final counter sheets are found at our site, on the product pages. You need to own German and Russian nationalities and the ASLRB to use this module. Ownership of LEN 1 is a requirement for LEN 2."

This is what I recieved. The 2 maps are huge and are nice as usual. Len2 has 3 extra small maps. The 7 counter sheets come with Len1. No counters with Len2. Most of the Scenarios are large with a few smaller normal size. Six pages of Special Rules for Len1 and 2.
I haven't played it but it is real nice. I got it when it was first listed to buy and got it real cheap with the pre-order low price plus the usual 30% discount code. I think it's probably very expensive at this point for both packs.

If you like CH stuff it is smart to watch the site to get the deep discounts on new pre-order items that you might be interested in. Once packs start to ship the price goes way up. If price isn't important then good for you!

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
LEN 1 contains one map, made up by 12 linking boards +eight scenarios on 6 cards+ these Special Rules (that also apply to LEN 2). LEN 2 comes with another map, made up by 9 linking boards + 3 additional maps and eight more scenarios PLUS a BONUS scenario set on the LEN 2 map. The following counter sheets are provided in LEN 1 and 2: 4 x AFVs/Guns and 3 x MMC/ SMC. To avoid confusion, the labels of the final counter sheets are found at our site, on the product pages. You need to own German and Russian nationalities and the ASLRB to use this module. Ownership of LEN 1 is a requirement for LEN 2.

The 2 maps are huge and are nice as usual. Len2 has 3 extra small maps. The 7 counter sheets come with Len1. No counters with Len2. Most of the Scenarios are large with a few smaller normal size. Six pages of Special Rules for Len1 and 2.
I haven't played it but it is real nice. I got it when it was first listed to buy and got it real cheap with the pre-order low price plus the usual 30% discount code. I think it's probably very expensive at this point for both packs.

If you like CH stuff it is smart to watch the site to get the deep discounts on new pre-order items that you might be interested in. Once packs start to ship the price goes way up. If price isn't important then good for you!
what do you mean by our site? you come on here with no background (messages) & act insulting towards one of the most revered members of the ASL community & now you "pimp" Critical Hit's product & site & then after all of this you haven't even played it nudge nudge wink wink :rolleyes: yeah suuuuuure!

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The following counter sheets are provided in LEN 1 and 2: 4 x AFVs/Guns and 3 x MMC/ SMC.

The 7 counter sheets come with Len1. No counters with Len2.
So, which is it? (Yes, I know the answer). A bit of proofing from the company might help.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
LEN 1 contains one map, made up by 12 linking boards +eight scenarios on 6 cards+ these Special Rules (that also apply to LEN 2). LEN 2 comes with another map, made up by 9 linking boards + 3 additional maps and eight more scenarios PLUS a BONUS scenario set on the LEN 2 map. The following counter sheets are provided in LEN 1 and 2: 4 x AFVs/Guns and 3 x MMC/ SMC. To avoid confusion, the labels of the final counter sheets are found at our site, on the product pages. You need to own German and Russian nationalities and the ASLRB to use this module. Ownership of LEN 1 is a requirement for LEN 2.

The 2 maps are huge and are nice as usual. Len2 has 3 extra small maps. The 7 counter sheets come with Len1. No counters with Len2. Most of the Scenarios are large with a few smaller normal size. Six pages of Special Rules for Len1 and 2.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. I am aware of the initial discounts but at the time I wasn't sure about getting these modules as there is so much East Front material out there. But I just read Osprey's Barbarossa North, and now it intrigues me. Most stuff I get from them, I get it when it is first advertised.

Imighthaveit

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
what do you mean by our site? you come on here with no background (messages) & act insulting towards one of the most revered members of the ASL community & now you "pimp" Critical Hit's product & site & then after all of this you haven't even played it nudge nudge wink wink :rolleyes: yeah suuuuuure!
Lock him back up! That was copied off the back cover of the mod to give Steve some info.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Lock him back up! That was copied off the back cover of the mod to give Steve some info.
yer right chalk it up to my southern edumucation! apologies for everything except the shot at Actionburk 😬

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, if you put these guys on ignore, you will be much more happier and they will be miserable because we are missing out on their words of wisdom and juvenile humor.

Imighthaveit

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know, if you put these guys on ignore, you will be much more happier and they will be miserable because we are missing out on their words of wisdom and juvenile humor.
LOL! That may be an option in the future. Thanks.