Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Primosole bridge CG1. 14 PM. Many British troops are surrendering because they are broken and surrounded. This set up the following. A German squad is guarding a captured British HS and 9-2 ( we're using the HOB SMC POW counters, BTW ). Also in the hex is a German 7-0 and second German squad. British fire breaks the guarding squad. In the CC phase, the prisoners take the TC to attack the guard. The HS fails but the 9-2, based on the 9 morale, passes. The POW SMC attacks the guard at 1-4 with a -2 DRM for the guard being broken. The DR is a 3, eliminating the guard. :crosseye: The German 7-0 and other squad attack the POW SMC and HS and eliminate them. :dead:

We checked the rules and it seemed okay to us.

In the same turn, we had units surrendering from one encircled location to an enemy encircled location on both sides (i.e., encircled broken German ADJACENT to encircled broken British, with G.O. units in both hexes as well. The troops surrender in both directions and wave as they pass each other. :cheeky:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems to me that a prisoner (unarmed unit) has a morale of 6. There is no provision in the rules for an unarmed SMC to exist as a prisoner, except as a side note...

So, I don't think the SMC can do anything while a prisoner.

But, I'm answering without my rule book. So somebody tell me if I'm wrong.

Sam :cool:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My gut instinct is that Michael played it right. But let's check the rules for fun.

A20.5 -- an unarmed SMC must be noted on a side record, but maintains its normal morale and leadership levels. All unarmed units have a FP factor of "(1)", which can be used only in CC vs. Personnel.
Since the SMC maintains its normal morale and leadship levels, he passed his TC. Since all unarmed units have a CC FP factor of 1, he can attack.

Sounds right to me. :cheeky:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Larry is correct. Also note that the 9-2 prisoner will add its -2 leadership DRM to the TC of the HS, so maybe the HS made the TC after all ?

And if the HS and 9-2 get to attack their guard together, the 9-2 will lend its -2 DRM to the CC attack as well.

Beware those -2 prisoners :salute: