Did we do this right? CC and Melee edition

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok in 32 years of ASL....a unique one. In the scenario CRICKETS IN SPRING I was playing David Ginnard. He had a Panther break his MA, then roll a 6, recall. I then IMMOBed the tank in a Melee because I wanted the CVPs. I then argued that the crew has to bail because it already was under recall. Not so fast argued Ginnard. He argued that the crew being in Melee superseded that, and until the melee was resolved one way or another I was out of luck. I might be wrong because an esteemed player aka Mike Reed agreed with Ginnard and the tourney director aka Jim Burris also sided with him. In fact I will say then I am almost ALMOST certainly wrong but theres a granule of doubt, COWTRA, and all that so, I pose this question to my esteemed fellow formites. Opinions?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The tank is not held/locked in Melee, even when Immobilized.

D5.341:
"...A bogged/immobilized Recalled AFV must be Abandoned instead; its crew is no longer obliged to leave the board, but may not re-crew that AFV..."

Granted, this does not say this has to happen "ASAP" - but I do believe that is the intention.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The tank is not held in melee but the infantry is. The crew must abandon the vehicle in thrir next Movement Phase and I think go immediately into melee rather than into CC.
I'm sure there was a recent Q&A about that.