Did we do this right--ATG and gully and crest status

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK the scenario was FISH TO FRY from the Schwerpunkt people

Wayne Boudreaux, my opponent, placed a 45LL ATG HIP, in a WOODS hex (totally legit so far) that was in a gully (again legit) and placed him in CREST status (not so legitimate)

I say the CREST status is a NO GO. Wadi rules talk about ATGs in crest status but Wadis are NOT gullies and the gully rules do NOT address it

For the record, a friendly game, so I let him move the gun to a location out of LOS of my current forces. He then conceded a turn later. The USMC has a LOT of firepower that scenario but not a lot of time.....I still think he had a game but he also had lost quite a bit of his forces and for little to show for it.....tough scenario for both sides.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
You are correct. Only Infantry and their SW may be in Crest status in a Gully or Stream:

B20.95 SW: Other than their inherent FP, a Crest Infantry unit may fire only LMG, DC, LATW, FT/inherent SW. Any unpossessed SW previously in Crest status falls INTO the Depression hex​

Even the Wadi rules imply this:

E5.4 CREST STATUS: Unlike a gully, Crest status in a wadi may be used by all types of Infantry, SW, vehicles and Guns, within certain restrictions.​

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's funny that in all the years I've played ASL, I've never before wanted to place an ATG in crest in a gully hex.

Still can't figure out what to do with the North Koreans in this scenario. Failure of Personal MC due to inability to inflict damage and maneuver most likely had a lot to do with it.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Worth replaying and I will put my money where my mouth is and take the NOKOs......put it on our copious play list eh?