Did the scoring issue get fixed?

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi Mike,

How are you? In reply to your question, yes the scoring problem got fixed. I played a test game with Col Jim, another with cbelva and a third with scully. In all case's the scoring ran true.

cheers

Gary

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I just finished testing the newest version and I didn't have any problems with it. Everything seems to be fine.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Apparently, this bug may not have been squashed after all. I just had it pop up again in a brand new scenario I am playtesting. For this scenario I am using the latest version of DA (not the CGSC version), and I'm once again getting weird errors with casualties. I sent the files and the bug report to Jim yesterday.

Is anyone seeing any scoring anomalies in the tournament scenario? I'm beginning to suspect this bug is in some way tied to specific scenarios as I get in some, but not in others. Strange.

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A useful thing would be to have the scoring for objectives clearly visible - as both John and I are holding objectives, I'm not sure whether or not anything screwy with the score is going on.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay, there is indeed a bug with the scoring and as I suspected it is part of the scenario creation process. Jim has isolated the bug based on the files I sent. We are currently discussing the best method to get this fixed for all of you.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Keep playing for now. Jim and I are in the process of coming up with a plan to fix this. What will probably happen is that we will need you to send us a copy of your current savegame file and Jim will modify it so it works right. I'm not exactly sure how all of this is going to work, but we should not have to restart the event. As soon as I know for sure, I will post the plan here.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's very likely tied to deleting units while creating scenarios. I recall we stumbled across something of that nature when we were testing.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
More on the issue:

Jim Lunsford said:
I found the bug. During scenario creation, the RCP of attached units is counted twice during the function that saves the scenario file. Thus when a comparison is done to see what % of the force remains (current total RCP divided by original total RCP times 100), it generates an error since the original RCP value is erroneously too high.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure why the corrected version of DA has not been posted on the HPS website yet. I'll contact Jim and find out what is going on.