Did I get lucky?

Revthought

Reaction score
I wondering if the AC hit feature is a little too in favor of the Germans.

Playing the campaign, with this feature turned on (and the AP shell turned off) I just powned the British GF with the loss of a single Konig class dreadnought.

At one point the British had 5, and I'm not exaggerating at all, Battleships suffer magazine explosions--in the space of 30 seconds.

So did I just get lucky? What are you experiences with this feature so far?

Scott

*edit
Perhaps SES could add a more toned down version of this. Say 10% of an AC when you penetrate turret armor?

Last edited:

Rhetor

Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Perhaps SES could add a more toned down version of this. Say 10% of an AC when you penetrate turret armor?
This is exactly what I have thought of. I don't want to turn this feature completely off, but the chance of a big Ka-Boom might be reduced.
After all, before the release someone stated that it won't happen so often.

Edit: Or maybe it happens so often because the British AI does not follow Admiral Jellicoe's rule of keeping the distance during the battle?

Last edited:

Revthought

Reaction score
This is exactly what I have thought of. I don't want to turn this feature completely off, but the chance of a big Ka-Boom might be reduced.
After all, before the release someone stated that it won't happen so often.

Edit: Or maybe it happens so often because the British AI does not follow Admiral Jellicoe's rule of keeping the distance during the battle?
You might be right about the AI. The British ships did come within 9000 meters of my battle line, which is when I basically watched all of the Queens go KA-BOOM at once.

I still think that we might need an option to tone down the AC though. Like you, I don't want to turn it off because:

1. I like the historical value of having this feature
2. The Germans need some advantage for the sake of game balancing.

Having said that, it seemed (at least in this particular battle) that I had a much too easy time of handling the GF. I didn't even need to be careful.

I wonder if there has been enough multiplayer games yet, because I'd be curious to see how this plays out when the opponent is a person and not the AI.

Scott

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Me thinks you got lucky. I play with it on all the time with no such luck.

I get a few explosions, not like your talking about.

Powning the GF with a single loss...lol..no. Never had that luck yet.

I wondering if the AC hit feature is a little too in favor of the Germans.

Playing the campaign, with this feature turned on (and the AP shell turned off) I just powned the British GF with the loss of a single Konig class dreadnought.

At one point the British had 5, and I'm not exaggerating at all, Battleships suffer magazine explosions--in the space of 30 seconds.

So did I just get lucky? What are you experiences with this feature so far?

Scott

*edit

gascan

Reaction score
I once saw three explode in about a minute thirty seconds, and one or two others take medium to heavy damage in that same space. The German BC's were turning, had the wind blowing smoke in their sights, and were at roughly 12-13km range. Odds are against such occurrences, but we play much more often than the real battles, so Murphy's Law starts to take effect: at some point someone is going to report that the whole GF blew up within five minutes.