Dice tower file

ExNavyDoc

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Friend of mine bought a Glowforge Laser cutter, and is looking for projects to try out. He can make me a Dice tower if I can get him the proper files. I see there are a lot of files for such out there and wondering if anyone has a particular tower they like and what kinds of things to look for, or avoid.

Thanks!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
If you are feelin' lucky, you could try to have a sheet of counters 'punched' by that machine...

von Marwitz

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
What type of files do you need? PNG? JPG? DWG?

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
my recommendation would be a tower with 3 baffles, cover the interiors with felt, opening large enough for 16mm dice (see battleschool dice), a landing area that is at least 6 inches long else the dice pop out and the landing tray that uses clear plexy so you can see the dice and not have to lean over the table to see the results. I'll take one if you make this happen - lol

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you can make a tower with the base in clear plexi then I would be interested.
I already have too much ASL stuff. One more addition will not hurt...

ExNavyDoc

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My friend found a file on the GlowForge forums and used that. Rough prototype:

ASL Dice tower

Need to square up the graphics a little. Also needs surface prep and a paint job. As a retired Air Force guy, he had some laser-cut silhouettes laying around, thus the F16 on the inside front just for grins...

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
My friend found a file on the GlowForge forums and used that. Rough prototype:

ASL Dice tower

Need to square up the graphics a little. Also needs surface prep and a paint job. As a retired Air Force guy, he had some laser-cut silhouettes laying around, thus the F16 on the inside front just for grins...
I would not have the dice storage compartment on the bottom of the tower. One can store more dice inside the tower if you make the top fit with a positive lock mechanism. IMO