Dice options?

Wedge

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i would like to buy additional dice for asl. For example: brown for Soviet Union and maybe a light tan for U.K.?

What size dice are the dice that come with the starter set and beyond valor?

Thanks for any insight on dice options.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i would like to buy additional dice for asl. For example: brown for Soviet Union and maybe a light tan for U.K.?

What size dice are the dice that come with the starter set and beyond valor?

Thanks for any insight on dice options.
talk to Chris at Battleschool: http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.com/p/battledice.html

He's got lots of insight and options already - as well as being a regular on Gs forums user name Battleschool

KRL, jon H

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are dice in all kinds of colors and sizes available at your local game store that sells RPG supplies. I have some Battleschool dice and they are excellent. For general D6s, Chessex have lots of colors and two sizes of D6 and are probably sold at the FLGS.

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are dice in all kinds of colors and sizes available at your local game store that sells RPG supplies. I have some Battleschool dice and they are excellent. For general D6s, Chessex have lots of colors and two sizes of D6 and are probably sold at the FLGS.
Good advice. Your FLGS will have a ton of inexpensive D6.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you're that concerned about your D6, you're either worrying about too much about very little or VERY good at this game to a point where a precision DR/dr means that much to it on a regular basis. Enjoy the game and hate your dice regardless of the type like most of us.:eek::facepalm:eek:_O

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
They do look nice but if you don't want to pay $15 for one die then look here - http://www.diceofwar.com.au/
We have 14mm "Tommy" dice for as little as $10 a pair here.

The only dice that we sell for $15 each are specialty dice such as our new Japanese T-H/DC Hero and ATMM die.

16mm T-H DC Hero ATMM Die Map Crop 200px.png

All of our dice are precision dice. However, we do stock some Schwerpunkt (non-precision) dice too. They are available through our KitShop catalogue.

Here is a photo of the 16mm (5/8") SP dice:

Schwerpunkt dice 2016.jpg

Last edited:

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I've gotta say, the BattleDice have certainly rolled a better spread of numbers for me and my son since I got them.
No more extended malf streaks prompting the crushing or burning of the offending dice (I have crushed 6 and toasted 4 regular dice since beginning playing SL: only during solo play after a long streak of 12s for one side only).

There really seems to be a reason to use precision dice (besides being too expensive to crush!).
Oh, I still malf a gun or MG at a critical moment, but it's no longer at every critical moment.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Heck, most of my games are done with VASL dice rollers (some video on dicetower) but I get a load of BattleDice just for the opportunity to swap emails with Helen and Chris.

Their service is THAT good.

Rgds Jack

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hmm, hate to sound negative, but I sent an email to BattleSchool some weeks ago, asking for advice on the numerous choices, and never got an answer.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmm, hate to sound negative, but I sent an email to BattleSchool some weeks ago, asking for advice on the numerous choices, and never got an answer.
Salut Philippe,

To my knowledge, we have not received an email from you recently. I think that the last time we were in contact was March 2014.

My apologies if we somehow missed a recent email.

Chris

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I will also jump on the wave of support for Battleschool as a dice option. He has good prices on his single-colored backgammon dice, and I find these indispensable in comparison to the BV dice or other 'stock' dice. I bought others along the way (all of his 12mm Nationality Dice) strictly as "neato!" gravy. Top-notch service combined with often giving an on the spot discount to your order, and occasionally throwing in a surprise die you hadn't ordered. Add in the fact that they regularly support ASL tournaments with prizes (are there any other dice companies that help sponsor ASL tourneys?), and that is where my money goes.