Dice images in VASL/VASSAL

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks good for me. Thanks!
OK, now comes the mind-numbing part. I have to repeat the process about 120 times to change all of the dice images. It's dull, it's boring, but it's gotta be done.

More importantly, it takes time away from a bunch of other stuff that I need to do for 6.6.7. Working at my own speed, I will try to get a bunch (and I mean like 20-40) done for the 667-beta1 which I hope to put out in a week or so.

Anyone feel like lending a hand? It just the image process. I can stick the new images into the beta .vmod in 2 minutes. If you know how to use GIMP, it takes a minute or so per image.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If you don't change the dice size, it is not an important issue for me.
There certainly are other greater priorities.
Nobody looking at my videos has complained about the dice size, btw.

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
OK, now comes the mind-numbing part. I have to repeat the process about 120 times to change all of the dice images. It's dull, it's boring, but it's gotta be done.
This should be pretty quickly scriptable via a number of similar tools (e.g. ImageMagick). If you can wait a couple of weeks I can probably bang them out quickly for you.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
ok extracted...much better.

Question.
Ex: DC1_AX.png is selected HOW by the system?
ie. if I put a nationality symbol on it....

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
OK found them ...new feature in 666.

ok...making my dice Custom precision...ty

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Sigh ....
Nurse, this one is too far gone.
Put him in with the others.
Keep them dosed with one Journal and one Action Pack at all times.
And for god's sake don't touch their dice!

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
OK.
British changes the first die of the DICEOVERTHEMAP.

Second one doesn't do jack shit.
Unless you change it. then it doesn't go back to white.
How to reset to white?

OH no shit..it's so obvious....CHANGE TO FRENCH COLOR.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

More importantly, it takes time away from a bunch of other stuff that I need to do for 6.6.7. Working at my own speed, I will try to get a bunch (and I mean like 20-40) done for the 667-beta1 which I hope to put out in a week or so.

Anyone feel like lending a hand? It just the image process. I can stick the new images into the beta .vmod in 2 minutes. If you know how to use GIMP, it takes a minute or so per image.
I can do this but not for a couple of weeks. As I believe these are the dice images I made for you, I’ve got the Inkscape vector files. It’s real easy to change size and retain image quality. If two weeks is too long, I’d be happy to send the Inkscape file to someone. You’ve got other things to do Doug.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I can do this but not for a couple of weeks. As I believe these are the dice images I made for you, I’ve got the Inkscape vector files. It’s real easy to change size and retain image quality. If two weeks is too long, I’d be happy to send the Inkscape file to someone. You’ve got other things to do Doug.
Super BigAl! Thanks very much. I can certainly wait two weeks. Much appreciated. Indeed these are all the images that you made for me previously.

I have done all of the images for "1" on the coloured die and will include these in the beta so that folks can see them in context and react to the change. I can easily swap your images in later as they will have better quality.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This should be pretty quickly scriptable via a number of similar tools (e.g. ImageMagick). If you can wait a couple of weeks I can probably bang them out quickly for you.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. As you can see, BigAL737, who created the original smaller images, has also agreed to create the larger ones. Since your timelines are both the same, I think it makes sense to take up Al's offer. Cheers.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Dumb question.
I unzipped the VMOD to minimize the folders etc.
How to I get it back to the VMOD file?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dumb question.
I unzipped the VMOD to minimize the folders etc.
How to I get it back to the VMOD file?
I am not sure what you mean, however, when I updated the image in my test all I did was ...
  1. Change the vmod extension to a zip extension
  2. delete the image file from the zip file
  3. add the new, identically named, image file to the same spot in the zip file
  4. change the zip extension to a vmod extension
Open the new vmod using vassal.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
He was using some 3rd party zip viewer that displayed the contents by name and path in a list.