dice cups

John Bark

ASL 4 FUN only!!!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Post your dice cup picture curious what you all use. I use a dice tower, but might switch to a cup for a change. Thanks

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I use both but a glass works best if limited table space and superior for allowing you opponent to see you rolls. Sorry at work but I use cup from the ASL Open that they were reselling at ASLOK. Hotel glasses usually make great cups with thier thick base :)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I used to use glasses but stopped after the second one broke on me. Too dangerous for my money. Need to see if I can get a decent acrylic one.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably going to get a nice leather dice cup for traveling. Just not worth the risk to my dice tower. You can find some on Amazon or searching Google.

I imagine a quality leather one will outlast me and go down as a good investment.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I use both but a glass works best if limited table space and superior for allowing you opponent to see you rolls. Sorry at work but I use cup from the ASL Open that they were reselling at ASLOK. Hotel glasses usually make great cups with thier thick base :)

Aye, hotel glasses with a rubber band to muffle the tinkling! Been snatching them ever since!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David Goldman sells a dice glass with ASL Open rubberband and 10mm dice for something like $5.

The rubberband mutes the sound, the glass is thick and sturdy and the 10mm cubes tumble around adequately.

Never had "cocked dice", and the dice escape much less often then with dice towers I used to use.

Rich

RevJJ

Malf'ers of the Universe
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm a left handed lummox with big hands and a heavy wedding ring. I don't use glass to roll dice because I'll break it. I might as well be swinging a club at it. I do have a small foot print dice tower that is nice and wide (made for rolling polyhedral dice) so my dice don't get stuck or bounce/launch out of the tray. I use the tower when I'm not playing at my place. At home, I prefer my leather dice cup.

IMG_1311.JPG

The rolling pad is 1/2 of a ripped mounted board 34 with a thin adhesive foam pad. I poster tack it to my game table. I love it.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I infrequently use a glass dice cup, but when I do it's only if it's a precision dice cup. Living in the Northern Hemisphere, the northern gravitational pull on the dice dropped into a non-precision dice cup with potential bottom of the glass flaws would cause the dice to roll unevenly and produce flawed results over the course of several thousand rolls. This problem is more prnounced the closer the dice cup glass is employed to the magnetic North Pole. I have had no experience in the Southern Hemisphere so cannot speak to the effects of a South Pole pull.:nod: