DFF/SFF against ? Unit placing DC

asevenson

Greenhorn
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The situation: A HIP HS holding a DC in a ground floor building hex adjacent to another separate building hex containing an enemy unit that is marked with first fire (during movement phase of course).

The HIP unit decides to un-HIP, declare assault movement, and attempt to place the DC in the adjacent building hex.

Does the half-squad maintain ? until stripped via fire? or is it instantly revealed due to DC placement attempt?

Thanks - I'm NRBH at work and this has been bugging me since last night when my HS barely broke in the placement attempt - I didn't retain concealment since I didn't declare assault move, so FP was 1x (doubled adjacent, halved for SFF) with a +1 drm (wood building +2, -1 FFNAM ) instead of 1/2 FP +2 (wood building) if the ? Can be maintained during placment.

Thanks,
Allen

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
DC placement is an "other activity" which causes concealment loss. The same applies to using smoke grenades, SW/Gun recovery, etc.; pretty much anything besides pure movement. You would avoid the FFNAM DRM.

JR

asevenson

Greenhorn
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DC placement is an "other activity" which causes concealment loss. The same applies to using smoke grenades, SW/Gun recovery, etc.; pretty much anything besides pure movement. You would avoid the FFNAM DRM.

JR
Thanks. Good to know I 'only' screwed up by not declaring AM and losing a +1.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why didn't you declare assault movement? Did you forget or did you think you couldn't?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't forget that placement is use of a SW for SW usage limitations too. So, no firing the IFP of a hs in the AFPh if it placed a DC.