DFF Question

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A squad moves into a building (2 MF). 1 enemy squad in adjacent hex First Fires at this squad, 2 other squads hold fire at this time.

The squad that First Fired can fire again as SFF (due to 2 MF expenditure) but can 1 or more of the non-Fired squads First Fire as well due to the 2nd MF expenditure for entering the building?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A squad moves into a building (2 MF). 1 enemy squad in adjacent hex First Fires at this squad, 2 other squads hold fire at this time.

The squad that First Fired can fire again as SFF (due to 2 MF expenditure) but can 1 or more of the non-Fired squads First Fire as well due to the 2nd MF expenditure for entering the building?
Other units can fire on the first MF even after a unit fires on the second MF. Time is only "synchronized" by an expenditure by the moving unit, not by the individual MF spent within each expenditure.

JR

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Other units can fire on the first MF even after a unit fires on the second MF. Time is only "synchronized" by an expenditure by the moving unit, not by the individual MF spent within each expenditure.

JR
JR Sorry I realized I was not clear on original setup, this may make a difference I think. The squads in question are all in the same hex. 1 squad has First Fired. Was not sure how the rule on infantry in the same hex must do so as a FG when attacking the same unit would apply or not apply to these other non-Fired units.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
JR Sorry I realized I was not clear on original setup, this may make a difference I think. The squads in question are all in the same hex. 1 squad has First Fired. Was not sure how the rule on infantry in the same hex must do so as a FG when attacking the same unit would apply or not apply to these other non-Fired units.
Ah, yes, that does make a difference. Units in the same Location must fire together or forgo their opportunity. So as you said, if one squad fired on the first MF, the others can no longer fire on that first MF. But they could all fire together on the second MF.

One complication—outside your original question—would be that a leader that led the first attack could not then lead that one and others in a second attack on the second MF. It could lead only the one it led originally, or they could form a firegroup without leadership.

JR

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, yes, that does make a difference. Units in the same Location must fire together or forgo their opportunity. So as you said, if one squad fired on the first MF, the others can no longer fire on that first MF. But they could all fire together on the second MF.

One complication—outside your original question—would be that a leader that led the first attack could not then lead that one and others in a second attack on the second MF. It could lead only the one it led originally, or they could form a firegroup without leadership.

JR
Thanks again for your assistance