Determining night parameters.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When designing a historical scenario, how does one determine the various night and weather parameters for a given date, time and location. is there a place on line where would could go to get this information? or do you just make a SWAG?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
When designing a historical scenario, how does one determine the various night and weather parameters for a given date, time and location. is there a place on line where would could go to get this information? or do you just make a SWAG?
Try www.kaggle.com WWII weather conditions. Don't know how to post a link. Hope it helps.
It automatically posted the link, how 21st century.

Didn't have a chance to check it out as three cats decided to nap on me.?

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Unit war diaries usually include mention of the weather.

I have a chart in my scenario design book on the different phases of the moon which will help determine visibility. (You can also look up historical moon phases online.) Other factors you're no doubt aware of - ground snow, cloud, etc. If there is a "formula" for translating into ASL, I'm unaware of one.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Unit war diaries usually include mention of the weather.

I have a chart in my scenario design book on the different phases of the moon which will help determine visibility. (You can also look up historical moon phases online.) Other factors you're no doubt aware of - ground snow, cloud, etc. If there is a "formula" for translating into ASL, I'm unaware of one.
Seems like they would be the most precise sources.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
this link is a moon calendar... worldwide and by year