Desperate Housewives

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CPangracs said:
It's not the "boob", and you know it! It's the CONTEXT of the boob! (I never thought I'd write those two words in the same sentence,..."context" and "boob"!);)

Seriously, what do you say when the child asks "why does she want everyone to see her boob?", or "Why did that man tear off her clothes? Is he mad at her?".

It goes way beyond just a "boob". Boobs are good,...anyone knows that - they are the source of life for infants, and much fun and comfort for men later in life! :D
Exactly!...particularly the "fun and comfort" bit. If I choose to watch South Park or the Sopranos with my fictitious 12 year old...I would be prepared to "explain" things. And I would be exposing my child to those forms of entertainment on my terms. When some punk teen boy band guy rips the clothes off of a middle aged lip syncher during the half time show of the Super Bowl...well fortunately the half time show was so awful, we would have already flipped over to Discovery Wings Channel.

My point is that...the pace at which parents exposed their children to adult "entertainment" should be set by the parents and not a bunch of elitist, Hollywood, Long-haired Hippy type pinko...sorry I morphed into Charlie Daniels for a moment...

Oh, David Lynch is a great film maker, but he is an acquired taste...I just never got over the 5 minutes of "Eraserhead" that I also tried to watch.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is an easy one...

Seriously, what do you say when the child asks "why does she want everyone to see her boob?",
"I don't know sweetheart, maybe she thinks it will make a big sensation. But not everyone wants to see her boob, I certainly don't"

"Why did that man tear off her clothes? Is he mad at her?".
"Hmmm, probably its a publicity stunt honey, this is where people try to make themsleves more important than they really. No I doubt if he's mad at her, they probably planned this."

But, the best thing to do is to throw the question back at the child and see what she/he thinks about it: "Gee, honey, I don't know, why do you think he ripped open blouse?" You may get a very good answer back.

It sounds like you may not yet be comfortable talking "turkey" with your children. This is not a critiscm, many people really are uncomfortable adressing uncomfortable subjects with their kids. Look, the truth and your best explaination always works. You will find that your kids will grow to respect you more and more when you do tell them the truth and not hide it it. When they ask, answer them: When they ask 'Where do babies come from?' "The Stork" is the wrong answer.

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blackcloud6 said:
This is an easy one...

"I don't know sweetheart, maybe she thinks it will make a big sensation. But not everyone wants to see her boob, I certainly don't"

"Hmmm, probably its a publicity stunt honey, this is where people try to make themsleves more important than they really. No I doubt if he's mad at her, they probably planned this."

But, the best thing to do is to throw the question back at the child and see what she/he thinks about it: "Gee, honey, I don't know, why do you think he ripped open blouse?" You may get a very good answer back.

It sounds like you may not yet be comfortable talking "turkey" with your children. This is not a critiscm, many people really are uncomfortable adressing suncomfortable subjects with their lkids. Look, the truth and ayour best explaination always works. You will find that your kids will grow to respect you more and more when you do tell them the truth and not hide it it. When they ask, answer them: When they ask 'Where do babies come from?' "The Stork" is the wrong answer.
You shouldn't presume anything. You want to talk uncomfortable? My 8 year old son was molested at age 5 by a 9 year old female cousin. That same cousin tried to molest his 3 year old brother as well. She was, of course, molested herself when she was 5.

We went through a great deal of grief with this and he was forced to deal with things no 5 year old should have had to deal with. We have talked about things you don't even discuss with your 16 year old daughter. That doesn't mean we should start treating him like an adult, and it certainly doesn't mean his innocence is completely lost.

I'm through with this subject.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Doctor said:
Oh, David Lynch is a great film maker, but he is an acquired taste...I just never got over the 5 minutes of "Eraserhead" that I also tried to watch.
"Eraserhead" is the last step someone should take, it's easier to do his other movies first. :laugh:

To be honest though I would say Requiem is much different from his movies, Requiem is a fairly uncomplicated movies (as opposed to Lynch). It's simply a movie about addiction (I wouldn't even really say it's about drugs specifically, it's just about addiction and normal people and lives).