Designing new scenario - Relief of Berlin

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just thought I'd let everyone know, I'm putting together a new scenario for NGP. This one will be medium sized, and therefore realistically playable for PBEM. I am not programming the AI, it will strictly be for PBEM.

So far:

Date - summer 1985
The Americans, British, and the West Germans are launching a Corps sized operation (2 - 3 divisions) into East Germany to relieve the Berlin Garrison which has been blockaded by WP forces for going on 2 weeks. The key will be speed of advance. NATO will be up against probably a similar sized force of Soviet and East German units. Some of these will be fixed, and some will arrive as reinforcements.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got it put together and now I'm playtesting it using the Hotseat mode.

NATO has:

1st Panzer Div (FRG)
3rd Armored Div (US)
A British Armored Division (The white ones - I'll edit when I get home with the proper unit #)
French 1st Armored Division (attached to US V Corps)
Various Corps assets such as V Corps attack helo battalions and air assault battalions.

WP has:

3rd Shock Army

The attack starts from south of Wolfsburg and heads east towards Berlin. The West Germans are on the left, the British in the middle, and the US/French are on the right - in the most open country.

I have the battle set at 20 turns. I have completed turn 1, and NATO has made contact with the intial WP defensive positions. WP engineers have blown several bridges.

Exciting so far. More to come, so stay tuned.