Designers' Response to the Desperation Morale Review of Forgotten War

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"DISLIKE"
Ok I get this means you give me the old down thumbs vote. Copy.

What I don't understand is why?

I was only trying to show that there were others in the group at large that rated "within" Pitman's parameters. Was that so dislikable???

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In talking to World War II veterans, I found they often opened up much more if you made it clear you had a little bit of understanding of the culture of the times, usually demonstrated by using their own terminology for things. If you showed that you knew TEWT meant Tactical Exercise Without Troops (i.e. sand-table or map ex), or that SOS was "Struck off Strength", they were much more comfortable sharing things and assumed you would have an ability to understand their memories a little better.
All time favorite was a spin-off of this, PENIS (Practical Exercise Not Including Soldiers).

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per C13.31 the PF is explicitly a one-shot weapon i.e. one attack = one projectile, which is why it only affects one Infantry/Cavalry target and does not leave Residual FP. In general you would be right that each attack might involve more than one actual projectile, and given the firey-wimey abstraction of ASL, the number of actual PFs fired might not truly be one for one with attacks made.

JR
Love that GameSquad always fills my recommended daily pedantic requirements! ?