Designers: Is the bypass sleaze freeze essential to your designs?

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are a scenario designer you can just do what the L'abbaye blanche (The White Abbey) [AP4] SSR did when they gave SMC stacked with a MMC in CC against a vehicle and additional -2 DRM. Just state the infantry have anti-armor grenades (which almost all armies did) and give them some neg DRM's vs AFV's.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Excellent point Tate- as I was reminded of in a game of 'Elephants Unleashed' vs. Chris Spell. Danged 8-0 jumped into CC with my Ferdinand which prevented me from prep-firing at the Acq-ed T-34.:angry:
Was he buttoned up?

laments,
Bob

Gary Mei

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tiger crews did actually train to face at an angle to enemy armour, to increase the effective frontal armour protection. This would in theory present a side aspect to anyone not square to them, but of course, that would be anti-tank guns at range, not infantry squatting in a house 20 metres away.

In the midst of a firefight, though, who knows what kind of effect all that training had on the mind of an 18 year old conscript and how much of it got scrambled around in their brain.
Yeah, I kinda wonder what would be going into a German TD (with 11 or 14 front and 3 side armor) crew's mind when they're ordered to suppress that Russian squad with ATR by turning their side toward the house 20 meters away and the MA pointed away from the target...