Design another Mount

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Turbine:
We're pleased to announce the return of the LOTRO “Design a Horse Contest!”

LOTRO fans, it's time to show us your artistic and creative skills once again: we’re giving you the opportunity to submit your very own design for a horse which could be taken and implemented into the game as a player mount in a future content update. The horse will be gifted to players who visit the Turbine booth at PAX East!

This just rubs me the wrong way- The horse will be gifted to players who visit the Turbine booth at PAX East! Seems to be another "for the players with money" deal - if you can afford to fly to the show you must have $$ to spend in the Turbine Store. Although I'm sure it will be a festival reward- or sold in the Store soon enough.

I'm all for player designed mounts as they seem to be better than some of the strange looking ones from Turbine- whats the deal with the silly flag being attached? It's the reason I decided not to get the Rep for them.

View attachment 32114:

If you have forgotten this "Blue Roan" was the winning design from the first "Design a Mount" contest & a Spring Festival Mount.

View attachment 32113

I'm still waiting for this very nice 2nd place mount to appear. Personally I think it should be a Halfling only mount, but for the right price I'm sure anyone could buy it. :(

View attachment 32115

http://www.lotro.com/news/latestnews/965-lotro-design-a-horse-contest-pax-east-edition

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
And buy the winner in the Turbine Store!!!!

Do I get a cut of the profits if I WINNNNNNN

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I want first is for the dyes to work on the blankets so that I can get rid of some of the WoW look.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And the winner of the contest is: the "Golden Fringe" mount!
:thumup:

I like that they selected another solid normal looking mount for the game & not one flying flags or with strange looking show-horse type wrappings.

View attachment 32301

Btw- does anyone like the flag flying mounts? :nada:

If these were Captain only additions to the mount then they might make sence to include in the game.
View attachment 32302