Desert Combat(BF1942 Mod)

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wonder if that Mod is good or not, but Look so good on screenshots and also it take almost forever to download it.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's real good... in fact, it's great. I play DC ten times more than I play pure vanilla BF1942 or any other mod. To give you an idea of how good it is - the team that designed it (for free, in their spare time) got hired to help design/code Battlefield 2. That's why there haven't been any updates in the last few months.

The flight model still sucks, but it's much better than BF:1942 and once you've learned the basics of their chopper flight model, it's pretty fun.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They have discontinued it though. No more development :(...except there will be one more patch from a couple of the developers called Desert Combat final, which will be the true final one.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs
They have discontinued it though. No more development :(...except there will be one more patch from a couple of the developers called Desert Combat final, which will be the true final one.
Well, I'm still going try it, but right now I'm download it now and hopefully it will be finish by Thursday morning or evening.

Thanks, guys.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Army
Well, I'm still going try it, but right now I'm download it now and hopefully it will be finish by Thursday morning or evening.

Thanks, guys.
That is the great thing about mods. If you try it and don't like it all you wasted is some download time. As long as you have unlimited internet it is ok :)
I would recommend just downloading every mod you can think of, just download them overnight or something. It seems like you have new games to play.

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is the letter sent out by the developers of DC concerning its future.

Dear DesertCombat Fans,

I know most of you are upset about the recent rumors of DC being dead. As you know, Trauma Studios has been busy working on future titles that will bring the next level of gameplay to your PC. During that time, I tried my best to find time to continue DC, but with no success. At this point, there are no future updates currently planned.

DC however is far from dead; it’s the community like yourselves that make it strong. With you, DC would have never existed. It’s because of you that DC was popular, I just did my best to collect the suggestions you have all given us. I would like to thank the DC testers, DC developers and the community for doing so much for the DC team, and DesertCombat. I am confident that the community will continue to extend DC and help keep it fun and exciting.

Sincerely,
Frank DeLise

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Ryan101st

DC however is far from dead; it’s the community like yourselves that make it strong.
Yep, its dead :D
That sentence has to be a cliche by now...

Jorath13

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To respond on whether or not DC is good:

I play DC exclusively now, BF1942 is just a memory. While the mod isn't nearly as realistic as most, it is a very exciting game and does present warfare in the desert in a different light.

I think you'll find it well worth the download time. Of course, on a cable modem, it's about 2 hours on some mirrors, less if you're lucky.

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not Dead Yet

According to some websites, there will be one last version of DC released.

Some things included in this last version will be the stealth fighter and patriot missile.

Jorath13

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DC is great. I play it exclusively to BF 1942. While the flight modeling isn't the best, it is pretty easy to pick up and does make playing more enjoyable. After all, if I'm going to want a flight sim model, I'll play one. This is a shoot-em up game.