Desert Board LOS

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have been working to get LOS Checking running on Desert boards (bd26-bd31; it already works on bd25 in both DTO and ETO flavours).

I now have it working on the base boards (which isn't hard since everything is OG for los purposes). I believe I have succeeded in getting Dier, Wadi, Hillock and Sand overlays working with LOS.

I would like some folks to test it to be sure that the los thread both works and determines the los correctly (especially for those *&!%^! hillocks!). Here is a link to the module:

Any help you can give would be mucho appreciated. Send comments, corrections, objections.

A couple of notes:

LOS will work only with the traditional overlays added from the BoardPicker. It will NOT work with the draggable overlays added via the Overlays button in the toolbar.

For the Dier, if you want to test los to an entrenched unit in a Dier, remember to use the up and down arrows to move to the entrenchment. When you first draw the los, the entrenchment counter will disappear and the los will be drawn to the base level of the Dier. Use the down arrow to move to the entrenchment counter (which will still not appear). There will be nothing on the screen to indicate that the los has moved to the entrenchment counter except for (hopefully) a change in the los result. This is how los to entrenchment counters works on ETO boards at present. It may not suffice.

For Sand Dune overlays, the LOS engine will treat them as Low Crest. In order to implement High Crest Sand Dunes, I will need a new set of overlays. It should be doable but I don't have the graphics yet.

My next step after getting these terrain features working is to add the remaining overlay types from F12 and the various terrain transformations due to F13. But I want to make sure I am on the right track so far before going further.

If you are playing with a partner, you will both need the beta.

TIA.

Doug

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOS with overlays! VASL makes ASL possible in this age and a hell of a lot more fun.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
LOS with overlays! VASL makes ASL possible in this age and a hell of a lot more fun.
If you've got the computer and know how to be able to use it....

It's a great system, I just need to work towards having it...and understanding it...

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you've got the computer and know how to be able to use it....

It's a great system, I just need to work towards having it...and understanding it...
If you are on this forum, you likely (1) have a computer and (2) know how to use it.

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I
If you are on this forum, you likely (1) have a computer and (2) know how to use it.

I do indeed have an old laptop, but I'm on this forum via my smartphone.....