Deployment question

SquadLdr76

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This isn't really a rules question. Just a general question concerning the idea behind a certain rule. A2.9 states that you can only deploy 10% of your squads during setup without Leader TC's.

My question is why is that so? I would think, especially for a defense, that the leaders would have ample time to decide who went where. Is this simply a balancing rule? Or does it model some insight to infantry tactics that flies over my head?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think it was an arbitrary decision by the designers early on (nothing to back that up - just a personal opinion).

It does highlight the nationality differences if you are playing a scenario with Russians.

Deployment can be a very powerful weapon under certain circumstances, it porbably was a balancing issue as well so that things did not get out of hand.

But what do I know - I never designed a scenario or game in my life

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
FYI

Here's a tidbit along the lines of deployment....

When a MMC that possesses a SW which has gained acquisition fires its Inherent firepower, it looses that acquisition. This little nuance had eluded me for years until a partner fresh from a tourney enlightened me.

Man those light mortars with crews or HS if you want to get the most out of them. 8)