Deploying and At Start HIP

danielt1263

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL scenario 11 - Defiance on Hill 30 has an SSR that says, "The U.S. player may use HIP for one squad and any SMC/SW that set(s) up with it in the same Location."

If I deploy a squad, could I HIP two half-squads in the same location? Could I HIP them in two different locations?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
ASL scenario 11 - Defiance on Hill 30 has an SSR that says, "The U.S. player may use HIP for one squad and any SMC/SW that set(s) up with it in the same Location."

If I deploy a squad, could I HIP two half-squads in the same location? Could I HIP them in two different locations?
A5.5 said:
A squad's equivalent can be substituted for a squad which has been given special capabilities by a SSR so as to share those special capabilities (e.g., if a SSR specifies that a squad may set up hidden, two hidden HS can be used instead provided that nationality is allowed to Deploy HS).
Not in setup as you might expect. There's no limit on Locations.

JR

Mr Incredible

Rod loves red undies
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The SSR says you may HIP a squad, which is a "squad", not a "squad equivalent" and not "two half-squads".

So it is one "squad" in one location.

If it said a "squad equivalent" you could probably do what you are thinking.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The SSR says you may HIP a squad, which is a "squad", not a "squad equivalent" and not "two half-squads".

I think the "e.g." in A5.5 covers this case exactly. You may HIP two HS.

JR

danielt1263

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Hmm... JRV quoted rule A5.5 which seems to expressly allow me to HIP two half-squads.