Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I get the following uses for a Demo Charge:
1. Bullet magnet so I can attack elsewhere
2. Set charge to suprise the Attacker
3. Have a half squad or a low rated leader 'move out and draw fire'
4. AFV destroyer
5. Hope #3 gets lucky and can survive all kinds of fire and destroy the opponents centerpiece of his defense.
6. Breach
7.????????

What else am I missing?

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Get possessor KIA'd so erstwhile target can pick up DC and use against you for much better results.

NOTE: This tactics works just as well with FTs, too.

(Hey where are the emoticons now?)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seal Cave
Eliminate Beach Obstacle
Eliminate PB
Destroy your own Japanese force for less CVP than if they were captured (award epic style point)
Collapse Ice
Remove Panji

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The satchel can also be used for trick-or-treating, and the contents can rid your neighbor's porch of that ugly pumpkin.

JR

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Flatten pesky Russians dug in to the eye balls in Factories, that they have fortified (combine with FT toting Pioneers, lovelly combination.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flatten pesky Russians dug in to the eye balls in Factories, that they have fortified (combine with FT toting Pioneers, lovelly combination.
Yeah...move a couple of Engineers (one with DC...one with FT) adjacent to the Interior Factory Wall the Russians are hiding behind and Place the DC to attempt to blow a Breach in the wall. Then during Advancing Fire detonate the DC and then follow up by squirting a Flamethrower through the hole in the wall.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
4. AFV destroyer
5. Hope #3 gets lucky and can survive all kinds of fire and destroy the opponents centerpiece of his defense.
6. Breach
7.????????

What else am I missing?
You can throw DC on moving enemy units in Defensive Fire. Currently playing CGIII from Festung Budapest as the Hungarian/German side. In one Movement Phase my Axis defenders threw four DC from Level 2 (so the throwing unit doesn't take an attack) down on Soviet infantry moving in the street below. Great fun!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
  • DCs are the only thing you can throw in self defense at enemy units getting into your pillbox hex from outside your CA.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah...move a couple of Engineers (one with DC...one with FT) adjacent to the Interior Factory Wall the Russians are hiding behind and Place the DC to attempt to blow a Breach in the wall. Then during Advancing Fire detonate the DC and then follow up by squirting a Flamethrower through the hole in the wall.
Pretty much, damn fine tactic.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It would be a rare day I would put a DC inside a pillbox. The problem with a DC in a pillbox is that if your opponent Advances on, you get no opportunity to use it before being attacked in CC.

JR
Good point. You need WIRES on top to help you survive the first round. Then a DC Hero? For better flexibility, an IJA tunnel to swap a DC guy into the pillbox.

Hmm..

Walt Kenney

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Half squad with a demo and a half squad with FT in the same hex or adjacent hexes ( in a perfect world) ? I think two half squads with that much capabilities is too tempting a target not to draw maximum fires.

Jude

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
4. AFV destroyer
6. Breach
7.????????

What else am I missing?
I totally agree with #1, 3, and 5 (although #5 never happens for me).

The mechanics of using a DC, I think, are extremely tough and I never get excited when I see one in the OB.

The way it normally works for me is that 1) my unit gets drilled before it is placed never to be recovered, 2) I luck out and survive everything thrown at it, get my hopes up for the 30FP DR, and then roll high on the IFT getting a 1MC at best, or 3) I end up using it on a lower priority target because I'm stuck with a DC and can't get it near the targets I want to place it on - and then still roll high for the result!

Basically, whenever I do luck out and use one successfully I am as dumbfounded as my opponent.

I did take out a tank with one once. I don't remember if I won that scenario, but as far as I was concerned, that was a victory, damn it!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least you get to annoy your opponent with a little ditty while you attempt to deliver your "Candy Gram".