Demigod trailer

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If you haven't seen the HD trailer for GPG's upcoming Demigod, check it out here. This is the game that uses the Supreme Commander engine.

Looks like it could be a winner.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This makes it sound interesting:

One of the many things about Demigod that makes it different from your typical strategy game is that it contains a persistent universe.

One of the options in multiplayer is to join a tournament. This tournament pits the forces of light versus the forces of darkness. 4 of the Demigods are associated with the forces of light and 4 with the forces of darkness. The test screens we have above don't reveal which 4 are on which side but you can probably guess.

These tournaments are expected to go on for weeks and, if all goes well, eventually we plan to expand on these tournaments with other types of tournaments (generals vs. assassins, clan based tournaments, etc.). It all depends on how popular these tournaments work out.

Another aspect of the persistent world is that your Demigod earns favor points when they play online (whether it be in skirmish, tournament or whatever other crazy thing we think of). These favor points can be used to purchase items that become part of your player and stored on the Impulse reactor.

So start thinking about all the cool things you wish RTS games did from a persistent universe point of view and let us know because we're definitely open to ideas on future types of tournaments, ladders, empires, clans, you name it.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Demigod is a strange game. I didn't care for it at all when I first installed it--too simple. But after playing it for an extended period (which I can't explain since I didn't like it that much to begin with), I grew rather attached to it and started playing almost to the exclusion of other games. Demigod muliplayer is extraordinarily competitive and is so finely balanced that it can be frustrating in a way not easy to articulate. I finally had to uninstall the damn thing and stop playing completely because it was starting to aggravate me in a way no game should.

Haven't playing in months and I feel much better! Strange story, I know.