deluxe W0 18 boards

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I know that creating a VASL board is time consuming, we must wait the time it is necessary, the result is excellent, they put a lot of work into, we have to thank the volunteers etc etc...
I'm not asking when they will be available for download ( we know they make their best to make this happens ASAP etc etc..), this is just the thread dedicated to receive any update about the work in progress. Looks like the scenarios from the latest WO are great and we cannot wait to have the new boards added on our boards directory

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Done. Sent off to BigAl for adding LOS info. I suggest everyone bug him loud and often :)

Edit - I did not attempt to recreate all of the beauty of these boards, specifically the mottling on the open ground, roads, and hills. I know it's possible, but doing it right (and making the mottling work in the Winter, under NoRoads conditions, etc.) would have been more pain than I wanted to deal with. So while I tried to pay homage to boards a-h all those years ago by reproducing them as exactly as I could, now I'm paying homage to boards i-l by letting their hardcopy versions stand alone in their beauty. I recommend you get a copy, cuz dayyum.

Last edited:

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Done. Sent off to BigAl for adding LOS info. I suggest everyone bug him loud and often :)

Edit - I did not attempt to recreate all of the beauty of these boards, specifically the mottling on the open ground, roads, and hills. I know it's possible, but doing it right (and making the mottling work in the Winter, under NoRoads conditions, etc.) would have been more pain than I wanted to deal with. So while I tried to pay homage to boards a-h all those years ago by reproducing them as exactly as I could, now I'm paying homage to boards i-l by letting their hardcopy versions stand alone in their beauty. I recommend you get a copy, cuz dayyum.
Thanks Tom. Good having you back in the mob.....er................ VASL.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Fantastic! now I can try that scenario with the swarm of Italian tanks against the poor Russians!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fantastic! now I can try that scenario with the swarm of Italian tanks against the poor Russians!
I did an AAR of this a few months ago. Your 2-second analysis is, IMO, correct. Use the Italian tanks like rented mules and you'll be fine.