Deluxe ASL

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone play this in miniatures? Going back to Chapter J.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've made 3-D replicas of boards a-d and will only use microarmor for the AFVs, for the infantry I still use counters. Otherwise for me it slows the game down too much.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I bought platoon of T-34/76 and Panthers over 30 years ago, painted 'em and used the T-34s once.
It would have been too expensive at the time to continue further, even though there were company strength armour units listed for a reasonable cost at the time (around $32 if I remember correctly).

I have considered getting more, maybe in future I'll get some StuGs, SiG33s, and anything else applicable to Red Factories play.
They do work OK on the 1" HASL maps if the counter density isn't too high.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I bought platoon of T-34/76 and Panthers over 30 years ago, painted 'em and used the T-34s once.
It would have been too expensive at the time to continue further, even though there were company strength armour units listed for a reasonable cost at the time (around $32 if I remember correctly).

I have considered getting more, maybe in future I'll get some StuGs, SiG33s, and anything else applicable to Red Factories play.
They do work OK on the 1" HASL maps if the counter density isn't too high.
Before your last line I was thinking, "wow did he do a 3D Red Factories map!?!"

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I haven't done any 3D maps, though I've always been intrigued by them I've never had the room to store larger ones,.
I think I recall seeing a 3D KGP map some years ago. 😲