Deleting overlays from overlays.....

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have just found out how to remove overlays. Click on the Map Inventory button, scroll down until your find the overlay you want to delete, right-click on it and press delete. It will disappear. Sorry if this has already been explained somewhere else.
Hopefully 9 years later they can finally get this game going. LOL

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't see how to switch bindings. Or are you saying that you could change it in code?

It is a standard key binding for XFCE, the window manager I use on one of my accounts on one of my machines. It was not functionality I was aware of until I needed to understand how the vasl functionality worked on your machine and not mine. I imagine anyone who uses xfce would have the same problem. It is also possible that other window managers use that key combination for similar or different functions. It wasn't something of my doing, but I can't say how widespread the conflict is because you would need to know how many players use window managers that bind to that key combination. Since most users are using windows or macs I'm guessing not a lot, but probably not just me.

JR
The user can't switch key bindings unless he modifies the VASL module or extension directly. Most users don't do this I'd bet. It's certainly not a easy change to make like simple changes to preference settings.

I could go in and change it in the extension but since alt+XXXX is a very common VASSAL key combination, and that this is the very first in many years I've heard of such a conflict, I'm gonna leave it as is. I would like to reference your fix however. Not sure the best way to do that. Your understanding of operating systems is way above mine. Could you put together a short bullet list in text format that I could add to a, ahem, help file :)

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
Is there some kind of overlay, that once set, can't be reselected, and the only way to move it is to use the back arrow?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there some kind of overlay, that once set, can't be reselected, and the only way to move it is to use the back arrow?
Currently coded in VASL? No

Possible to code into VASL, Yes

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
From what I remember, dragged it on board, dropped in the wrong spot, deselected it. I tried to select it, and I couldn't. I'll try it again, and report back.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
From what I remember, dragged it on board, dropped in the wrong spot, deselected it. I tried to select it, and I couldn't. I'll try it again, and report back.
Then you clicked the "overlays" button, selected and dragged one of the overlays, then deselected it. When you tried to select it again, did you use shift-click? Try alt-click instead.

JR