Deir overlays - sand or not sand

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
F4.2 says "All deir hexes are Open Ground except as altered by the presence of scrub or sand".

Since the deir overlays are almost the same colour as the sand overlays, it is not obvious what is and what is not a sand hex. Is there a scenario with a sand overlay on top of a deir overlay?

D6 has a hex at 6 o'clock to the "1" hex counter (if 12 o'clock is the "1" hexside) that looks more golden than the other hexes. Is that sand?

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a similar question about three hexes around the scrub in D5. Not as pronounced as the D6 hex which I do interpret as a sand hex.
upload_2018-2-13_16-52-29.png

Russ Isaia

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Comparing these the Sand and Sand Dune Overlays suggests there is no sand in any Dier overlay except the one hex in D6.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can someone identify this Sand overlay. It does not match any of the descriptions of the Alamein overlays that I find online
21 hexes, 3 scrub. don't have this module anymore

upload_2018-2-14_14-36-19.png

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Let us hope that the redrawn overlays - I presume that they will be adapted to the SK style boards - which will come in the third iteration of Hollow Legions will clearly show where (or if) sand is present in Deirs...