Deflate gate: NFL investigates Patriots for tampering with game balls

21Z5M

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Brady and Bilichek are 'Douches" but this whole deflategate is stupid.
Don't hate. You have next season to become a Pats fan. Just let go of all that O H I O disappointment.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't hate. You have next season to become a Pats fan. Just let go of all that O H I O disappointment.
The Bobcats (my Alma Mater) were very disappointing this year but The Ohio State University did very well. I much prefer Sat. football to Sunday football.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Yep, now the NFL wants to suspend Brady. To me the evidence looks very weak. What does the NFL do when Brady sues them for every dime they cost him plus treble damages? He doesn't have to do it right away. He could wait a few years.

And why does there need to be a silly inflation rule anyway? Why not let every team inflate them any way they want them, as long as they use the same ball.

And Hail to the Redskins while we're at it.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Unless the NFL has a case that will stand up in a court of law, Brady has a tort.
It isn't a court of law. Sports leagues issues fines and suspensions all the time for things they deem reprehensible.

Brady would do well to drop his arrogant attitude and take some responsibility. He's been around Bill "Fu** everybody" Belickick for too long, and it's starting to show. As it is, he may have some rings, but they'll always be an asterisk beside his name, which is sad.

He's got $400M in the bank, a bunch of Super Bowl rings, a gigantic mansion, a supermodel wife, and underwear model good looks. It wouldn't hurt him to show just a little bit of class.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
It isn't a court of law. Sports leagues issues fines and suspensions all the time for things they deem reprehensible.

Brady would do well to drop his arrogant attitude and take some responsibility. He's been around Bill "Fu** everybody" Belickick for too long, and it's starting to show. As it is, he may have some rings, but they'll always be an asterisk beside his name, which is sad.

He's got $400M in the bank, a bunch of Super Bowl rings, a gigantic mansion, a supermodel wife, and underwear model good looks. It wouldn't hurt him to show just a little bit of class.
It isn't in a court of law - yet. But it will be if the NFL hurts Brady big for something it can't prove to a jury - not a criminal jury but a civil jury. The NFL needs to be very careful here, and keep a cool head.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

Cheat-gate, Deflate-gate, what else? Has he ever won one clean? And he has never beaten the Giants when it matters. -- jim

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wonder aloud if this will turn into Brady becoming the Pete Rose of the NFL. At least in my book, if he knowingly cheated that should do more to keep you out of the Hall of Fame more than betting on games.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Wonder aloud if this will turn into Brady becoming the Pete Rose of the NFL. At least in my book, if he knowingly cheated that should do more to keep you out of the Hall of Fame more than betting on games.
I don't. If this is cheating, cheating comes pretty cheap. In fact, if you think Brady cheated, prove it. They had the goods on Rose. I think there are a lot of guys who are jealous that Brady's wife is a piece of good looking wool.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't. If this is cheating, cheating comes pretty cheap. In fact, if you think Brady cheated, prove it. They had the goods on Rose. I think there are a lot of guys who are jealous that Brady's wife is a piece of good looking wool.
You don't need the goods anymore, haven't you learned that by now? Conviction in the media just requires a claim. Regardless if he knew or not, he won't be going in the Hall of Fame on the first time up. Frankly, I don't give a flying fu*k about Brady or his wife. All I know about him personally is what is see on TV or read about him. Surely doesn't make me any kind of expert on his character.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Brady out for four games. Patriots lose two draft picks. There is a fine. We'll see where it goes. I've been predicting Brady will fight this, so I guess we'll see what happens.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds about right and better than expected.

And if if anyone thinks they only deflated balls during the Indy game they're delusional. They only got CAUGHT during that game after getting tipped off by a Raven's player from the previous game.

I'm surprised Belicheat didn't get suspended any games. See Sean Payton for the ignorance is not an excuse defense.

soggycrow

Polish Submariner
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Brady's agent is already squealing like a stuck pig. This will provide entertainment all summer long.